New here, thinking of 2021 Tahoe Diesel vs 2017+ Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

captain

Reaction score
Hi all, will be buying a Tahoe or Yukon soon. Really like the idea of a 2021 Tahoe Diesel. Next favorite would be a Yukon Denali.

Figure a Tahoe Diesel will be around $60k.

Seeing some CPO 2020 Yukon Denalis around here for $50 - 55K. Might just go buy a used 2017 Denali with 40k miles nearby thats around $45k.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Bill!

Checking out the 2017-2020 Denali's sounds like a good idea. Make sure you get all service records.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 21s are too new to tell yet but whichever you decide, buy a GOOD comprehensive extended warranty.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

If you purchase a new model year vehicle, you will become part of the post-production consumer testing process, in discovering bugs that did not get found by the company's internal Q&A processes. For some folks, the disruption of daily life to periodically take the vehicle in for defect fixes is no big deal in return for a brand new vehicle in a new model year. But for other folks, this is a royal PIA. How many bugs will be found by consumers for a particular new model year? Its a roll of the dice, but you should already know how you will react to any potential disruptions to your daily life.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold out for the diesel........that was hard to say.

The resale, MPGs and torque would be worth the wait for me.

I'm actually waiting to get my hands on a '21 PPV........I know I'm going to have to wait about 2-3 years to get my hands on one in the used market

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons