New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SteelHorseCowboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Because D.O.D.G.E : "Damned Ol' Dirty Gas Eater"
Being the first one I've owned, I just came to assume it's synonymous with POS.
I hate the damn thing, only bought it because it's what I could afford at the time and suited my needs at the time. But with a little more age and a few more injuries racked up, it's hard to drive the damn thing. It hurts just to get in and out. My commute is only about two miles and I dread it every day. I've had a motorcycle wreck that really did a number on me, fell down some icy stairs, took a 20' fall off some water supply filters and hit a few pipes on the way down.

But I've gotta give it props...
The upholstery falls apart. The windshield started leaking a bit. It's rattled since it was new. It doesn't handle very well. Shifts weird, and the engine sounds like a typewriter trying to **** a sewing machine.
But the damn thing has been reliable!
It cranks up every time I turn the key and gets me from point A to B. Except for the one time I was surprised with a dead battery with no warning. When I changed it, the original battery (5 years old at the time) was badly bulged and twisted.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I've gotta give it props...
The upholstery falls apart. The windshield started leaking a bit. It's rattled since it was new. It doesn't handle very well. Shifts weird, and the engine sounds like a typewriter trying to **** a sewing machine.
But the damn thing has been reliable!
It cranks up every time I turn the key and gets me from point A to B. Except for the one time I was surprised with a dead battery with no warning. When I changed it, the original battery (5 years old at the time) was badly bulged and twisted.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Fairly typical of Dodge/Mopar and still with the FCA cars. They won't totally die so you're kinda forced to keep them and suffer everything else about them falling apart until you can get something better.

LOL at "typewriter trying to **** a sewing machine".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu