New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowNslo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new to the gmt 900 platform but not new to performance or Gm vehicles. My wife is coming to the right side after selling her Toyota corolla type S that she has had for a few years we were on a search for a new vehicle. We have been back and forth and it was narrowed down to the Infinity m45, the 2010 Camaro SS, or the Denali. After driving all of these and almost purchasing the SS Camaro we decided to get a Denali. We are now searching for the right color but I thought i would post here and become a member seeing as she will want to mod it right away! First off will be a tune, drop, and some 22's. Little later we will be adding a tvs system from magnacharger complimented with some kooks lt's and a magnaflow cat-back. She wants something fun to drive but reliable so i am sure i will have many questions!
Thanks in advance!
Chris

here are some pics of my truck and previous rides!
DPP_0152.jpg
DPP_0195.jpg
DPP_0017.jpg
IMG_8312.jpg
my bike(red) and my bro
momscam194.jpg
old yukon:
6000.jpg

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Welcome on man, nice cars!!
You planned mods for the Damil seen good, since the Nali's have Autoride you will be able to do a 2/3 drop pretty easily, but not a 3/5 w/o extensive mods.

OP
OP
L

lowNslo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome on man, nice cars!!
You planned mods for the Damil seen good, since the Nali's have Auto ride you will be able to do a 2/3 drop pretty easily, but not a 3/5 w/o extensive mods.

I have done a little searching but what goes into the auto ride kits? Can i do a simple spindle up front with a coil spring and shock extender and sway bar end link out back, or do i need upper and lower control arms for the front and something special for the air ride? I don't want to go low just a small drop so she can run a decent tire on a 22" wheel.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The Autoride kits are almost the same as the non-Autoride kits just with the difference of the ride height sensors.
You will need only a 2" drop spindle up front, and then 3.5" rear Belltech drop coils out back to get just as low as you want w/o Autoride issues. Belltech vendor DJMDIrect on here can help you get those for real cheap. No control arms will be needed, but you will also need Belltech 6651 shock extenders. The 3.5" rear kit will come with new ride height sensors, don;t worry about your sway bar or anything of that sort.
After that you will be pretty good to go on a 2/3.5 with 22s.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome man, I've seen you on LS1trucks i think and Performancetrucks.net, glad you could make it over.

OP
OP
L

lowNslo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome guys! yea djmDirect is on tbss and all the other sites im a member of as well! But just a different name (Norcal ss -tony) i think!

I have spoken with him several times about dropping the ss trailblazer and all but ill have to get up with him on this new body suspension, i am used to spindles and torsion keys up front. If that's all it is i'm good and can handle that!

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

sorry guys i posted my first post here, i didn't see the intro thread so ill make this one different! Off to post my intro!

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Your Silverado looks fantastic! Looking forward to your plans with the Denali.

:welcome:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9