New Guy From TN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rexter

Reaction score
Hey guys just thught Id better say something since I have been lurking and gathering info from the site since July. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT. Love the thing but I just lost the motor with over 200k on it. Now looking for a new replacement for it as I dont want to pay a core charge and not to mention the 4K for a reman. Suggestions?

Trooper_Ed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, I am in Franklin. Car-part.com is always a good source for salvage yards in the area. What motor is it? also deals on E-bay.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just thught Id better say something since I have been lurking and gathering info from the site since July. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon SLT. Love the thing but I just lost the motor with over 200k on it. Now looking for a new replacement for it as I dont want to pay a core charge and not to mention the 4K for a reman. Suggestions?
Welcome I'm in Chattanooga I'll look around for you

OP
OP
Rexter

Rexter

Reaction score
Welcome, I am in Franklin. Car-part.com is always a good source for salvage yards in the area. What motor is it? also deals on E-bay.

Thats awesome, I'm in Franklin too. will look into the car part.com.

OP
OP
Rexter

Rexter

Reaction score
Boomboom,
thanks for that, looking to maybe get a little bigger motor than the 5.3. Looking for a 2008 or newer 6.0L.
Looking for a bit more for towing.

Trooper_Ed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats awesome, I'm in Franklin too. will look into the car part.com.

Small world. I live in Fieldstone Farms. If you need help wrenching let me know, can do what I can :) I have a cherry picker and tools. Working on getting my 2002 LS1 Camaro back together at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo