NEW CAI from Rotofab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capital City

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the rotofab CAI for the 2021 Yukon Denali and newer?
Apparently more HP +15 and economy + something. I know these things have claimed gains that are not based in reality but has anyone here have one and can comment?IMG_2436.JPG

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the intake setup for your year truck, but for Denalis with the 6.2 in other model years, they already have a factory OEM CAI installed. If your is the same, it is unlikely that you will experience any noticeable performance improvement with an aftermarket CAI. However, you may get some additional 'sound' from under the hood when you hit the gas pedal.

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Apparently more HP +15 and economy + something. I know these things have claimed gains that are not based in reality but has anyone here have one and can comment?View attachment 423998
Yea for a real cold air intake you want a closed airbox for the filter that comes from the stock fender air hole and even then without other mods the gains are minimal. I’ve still put one on everything I own but the real deal was when I put a functional ram air hood on that old 99 Silverado I had which funneled air directly to the air intake box it was a pretty sweet setup

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Apparently more HP +15 and economy + something. I know these things have claimed gains that are not based in reality but has anyone here have one and can comment?View attachment 423998
After a lot of speaking with Trifecta, they indicated that they haven't seen any real WHP gains from a CAI and just gives you the engine noise. They said the factory intake is actually very efficient as-is.

iamlegion

Reaction score
I doubt anyone is going to do a pre and post CAI dyno run to give you a factual answer. The next considerations is with 420 horsepower already can you really notice +15hp, even if it’s at the wheel? If you have an XL it’s even harder to realistically tell any difference.

Perhaps the question you should ask yourself is, how many $/horsepower are you willing to pay? The Roto-fab is the most expensive CAI for the platform that I’m aware of. I think mine was $599, so let’s say you get 15 HP, that’s $40/hp. Is that worth it to you?

As far as mpg, unfortunately I don’t have numbers prior to my exhaust and CAI, but on per the last 1,250 miles on spring break my XL did about 20.3 mpg on premium averaging about 75mph on the highway.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt anyone is going to do a pre and post CAI dyno run to give you a factual answer. The next considerations is with 420 horsepower already can you really notice +15hp, even if it’s at the wheel? If you have an XL it’s even harder to realistically tell any difference.

Perhaps the question you should ask yourself is, how many $/horsepower are you willing to pay? The Roto-fab is the most expensive CAI for the platform that I’m aware of. I think mine was $599, so let’s say you get 15 HP, that’s $40/hp. Is that worth it to you?

As far as mpg, unfortunately I don’t have numbers prior to my exhaust and CAI, but on per the last 1,250 miles on spring break my XL did about 20.3 mpg on premium averaging about 75mph on the highway.
Actually, Black Bear Performance posted some test results on different CAI's, presumably with factual HP measurements. If memory serves me correctly, one brand resulted in a 5HP gain, which, as you say, would not even be noticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz