New black Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
What does an approximate ceramic coating cost?
Wife just had hers done. We went with a small local company that been around a couple decades. He charged her $300 but you have to bring it back twice a year to get an update. Best part update is $62 and they wash and put on something that brings it back to better than new. You can’t even get a wax job for $62. I had my XT4 did last year in November. Looked good all winter and had update done after snow gone, then about 3 weeks ago when they did wife’s. I for one can’t believe it’s worth $2000+

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife just had hers done. We went with a small local company that been around a couple decades. He charged her $300 but you have to bring it back twice a year to get an update. Best part update is $62 and they wash and put on something that brings it back to better than new. You can’t even get a wax job for $62. I had my XT4 did last year in November. Looked good all winter and had update done after snow gone, then about 3 weeks ago when they did wife’s. I for one can’t believe it’s worth $2000+
I’ll chime in for conversation sake since I’m a detailer. For three hundred dollars they probably put either a 6 month coating or a one year coating on your vehicle. It sounds like it’s only a 6 month coating if you have to come back and they have to “give it an update”. But I could be wrong on that. There’s a lot of different products out there. I charge $300 for a one year ceramic coating. I don’t have to put anything else on it within that one year. When I do maintenance washes on those vehicles, I wash with special soap designed specifically for the coating, and then after the wash I hit it with a spray sealant also made just for the coating. The spray sealant isn’t necessary, but in my opinion adds for a nice little extra touch to keep that nice level of shine.

Now when we’re talking a detailer charging 2 grand for a coating, usually they’re using a high end coating like ceramicPro, which is the best of the best ceramic product. As a detailer I can’t even buy that product until I’ve gone through a full certification course from ceramicPro, and get certified to use the product. That certification is expensive, the product itself is a bit expensive, and the detail job to coat a vehicle is very labor intensive. The vehicle has to undergo a paint correction otherwise the coating will not cure to the surface and will not be affective in protecting the vehicle. That’s why the detailers that are doing those types of coatings are charging $2000. But with that being said those high end ceramic coatings are worth every penny. CeramicPro has a coating that’s guaranteed for 5 years, if installed properly but a certified installer. 5 YEARS!! that’s a damn good product! 5 years of not having to do a wax job every month or two! And the level of shine and clarity that product brings to a vehicles paint and surface is pretty amazing! The plan for me is to take the certification process next summer. I wanna get my hands on that ceramicPro so bad because it’s that badass of a product! Lol

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couldn’t agree more... drive the ******* thing imo

definitely View attachment 265113

My wife and I both had 100th anniv Harleys for 15 years.... Sold them both a few years ago at a big loss. Didn't care...To many friends getting maimed or dying in accidents anymore. Have family and grandkids to live for, just wasn't worth it any more. Good luck !

MN-TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2K for a ceramic coating! Really! I could wax my truck once a month for 5 yrs and still be under 1K. Granted, I am not a professional detailer but would never pay that amount.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics look great, congratulations on the purchase. I hope it serves you well for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts