New air ride compressor went bad after a few months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shmel de Tex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar issue - replaced the old burned down compressor with a new one and it wouldn't start at all. Turned out Electronic Suspension Controller wasn't communicating, the ODBII scanner wouldn't even detect it. Maybe you have the same.

OP
OP
Shtiv

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue - replaced the old burned down compressor with a new one and it wouldn't start at all. Turned out Electronic Suspension Controller wasn't communicating, the ODBII scanner wouldn't even detect it. Maybe you have the same.

I wasn’t aware Of a module, going to look into it. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Shmel de Tex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware Of a module, going to look into it. Thank you
[/QUOTE]
I used this OBDII scanner https://amzn.to/3hx3lWF, when the controller is operational it will give you live data on compressor pressure, level readings at each wheel, etc. Worked well for me.

Before you dig deeper, I would suggest checking the connector that goes to the controller. On my 2004 Tahoe it is located on the passenger side behind the rear wheel. Typically it well covered with dirt. Disconnect it, clean, and reconnect back. See if it makes difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011