New 2025 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engines got updated with DFM and Direct Injection; and got fuel economy updates...5.3 wasn't getting 21-22 in 2015.
3.0 Duramax all new in 2020, right?

I do agree that 20" wheels are probably the right size for these rigs...I have 22's on my Denali, so far am OK, but they are not real pothole friendly.
5.3 was rated for 22mpg hwy in 2015. 2023's are only rated at 20......

encyphor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Won't see that for a long time. These suvs sell quick
Disagree, I'm in the market but going to wait for the refresh now. But there are plenty of 40+ day inventory locally here in Idaho. Use the GMC configurator and search inventory, almost guarantee a near match can be located in fly+drive distance of 500-1200 miles.

rgomes16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I currently have the 23 Suburban Z71, and since the new 2025 are reveled, I’m kinda bummed that they did a mid cycle refresh which they usually don’t do. Especially a major interior overhaul. Do you think it’s worth it to trade the 23 for a slightly upgraded exterior and major interior update ? I’m honestly happy with my current rig even the button shifter doesn’t bother me as much plus 22 and up get the digital instrument cluster, but I just wanted an opinion on the mid cycle refresh, will it be worth it in terms of like future proofing since I usually keep my rigs for a long time. I know that usually first year models aren’t usually recommended so I would be looking at a 2026 or 2027 model. I’m just kinda on the fence about this. Other 21+ Tahoe/Suburban owners what do you think?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can destroy those 24"s in a day here in Wisconsin. When was the last time the gas engines had any real updates, 2015? HP has changed much since then.
Agreed 100%. I think wheels that big are stupid. They put more stress on the suspension to soak up bumps. I have 22 on my 2017 and 20 on my 2008. I like the style of 22 inch wheels, but the ride on crappy midwest roads isn't great. Probably explains why both front struts were junk after 80k and replaced under extended warranty. I have 2 sets of 18 inch wheels for winter. I prefer the ride of more rubber to soak up bumps. If my wife didn't like them so much, I'd get rid of the 22 inch wheels for 20's. And.....the tires are ridiculously expensive when you go up rim sizes.

MN1965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Disagree, I'm in the market but going to wait for the refresh now. But there are plenty of 40+ day inventory locally here in Idaho. Use the GMC configurator and search inventory, almost guarantee a near match can be located in fly+drive distance of 500-1200 miles.
A lot of those "matches" are vehicles that have been ordered by the dealer, but don't physically exist. They may even be spoken for and have someone's name on them already.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may see some wierd optioned ones availble. The configurator always shows everything even pre sold. While I agree there's more availability. The suvs are not to the point of piling up with discounts. The trucks are. A diesel suv? Good luck.

With the refresh its even less likely to offer discounts as the 24s don't have any either currently.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I currently have the 23 Suburban Z71, and since the new 2025 are reveled, I’m kinda bummed that they did a mid cycle refresh which they usually don’t do. Especially a major interior overhaul. Do you think it’s worth it to trade the 23 for a slightly upgraded exterior and major interior update ? I’m honestly happy with my current rig even the button shifter doesn’t bother me as much plus 22 and up get the digital instrument cluster, but I just wanted an opinion on the mid cycle refresh, will it be worth it in terms of like future proofing since I usually keep my rigs for a long time. I know that usually first year models aren’t usually recommended so I would be looking at a 2026 or 2027 model. I’m just kinda on the fence about this. Other 21+ Tahoe/Suburban owners what do you think?
I have a 23 yukon diesel. I also knew the refresh was coming. Most likely will trade up specifically because we kinda want an XL as we have a standard length. I also want super cruise. I also want more power which the new updated diesel provides. So while we don't 'need' to upgrade. We will.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

the "lowering" of the front dash is something that i'm glad they are doing, could've gone a different route on the shifter

we have a 23 Z71 with just over 40k miles on it and are debating on the path forward - expecting to be at the 60k mark in March/April which would be the deciding point on trading vs keeping. Not sure I want to try and trade off a 150k+ tahoe in a few years even though the days of the $8k-10k valuations are a thing of the past. sure the 25MY+ will possibly be more sought after but will the cost to upgrade wipe out any future residual (IMO - yes)

24's have gone up almost $3k in base price over our 23 built early in the MY cycle so although the 25 looks sharp, we may try and even find another 23 delivered late (quite a few on the lots) or possibly a 24. Local dealer has a 23 and a 24 Z71 in transit, $2k difference in base price. I could see GM offering some type rebates on the 23s in Feb/Mar depending on how December goes and then of course we still have our local dealers sticking to MSRP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn