New 2021 Yukon AT4 - 4 GMC recalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhall1000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took our 2021 Yukon XL AT4 in for an oil change and a 3rd row seat recall. There were 3 other recalls. One was a software update for the entertainment system. When they pushed the update to the system, it crashed our entire entertainment system. Now the system no longer works at all. So the WiFi, TVs, radio, gps, all of it is dead. Parts are on back order for an unknown amount of time. Has anyone had this happen? If so how long did it take to get a replacement. We of course have a huge road trip planned and they have no Yukon XLs to loan. We have 3 kids and now no entertainment system for our brutally long drive. GMC dealer had no info for us.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a new year model, expect there may be many more recalls especially with the electronics involved now. Comes with the territory of owning something bright and shiny.

Marc Marc

Reaction score
Just had my AT4 in for its first oil change/service. Was on a road trip from Washington state to Corpus Christi, TX. Had the service done 3 days ago in Corpus since I had 5,000 miles on it by then, and would be above 7,500 when I get back to Washington.

The service manager told me not to get the recall done on the entertainment system because they have experienced several crashes which turned the entertainment system into a brick. I said that was fine with me if they skipped the recall work, as I needed my gps/mapping for my return trip from Texas. So apparently the problem is well-known, and it could be because it takes a long time to perform the software update, and any interruption of internet connection or power will cause a black screen problem.

Imagine my surprise when I picked up the AT4 after service, and found they forgot to tell the mechanic not to install the software update. The story ends well, though, as it was installed and no problem resulted. I am 3/5 of the way home to Washington, and all is well with the entertainment system.

Xsbank

Reaction score
Paper maps and tell your kids to count Volkswagens. Or play I spy.

Xsbank, Curmudgeon at large.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took our 2021 Yukon XL AT4 in for an oil change and a 3rd row seat recall. There were 3 other recalls. One was a software update for the entertainment system. When they pushed the update to the system, it crashed our entire entertainment system. Now the system no longer works at all. So the WiFi, TVs, radio, gps, all of it is dead. Parts are on back order for an unknown amount of time. Has anyone had this happen? If so how long did it take to get a replacement. We of course have a huge road trip planned and they have no Yukon XLs to loan. We have 3 kids and now no entertainment system for our brutally long drive. GMC dealer had no info for us.
Well, did it get fixed and how was the trip?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645