New 2018 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llauck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up a new 2018 Denali fully loaded last month and traded in my 2015 Yukon Denali.

Several excellent improvements that make a big difference

1- 10 Speed transmission
2- Active grill- much quieter
3- Apple Car play and Android Auto
4- Teen driver function
5- Wireless phone charging
6- Improved heated seat on remote start
7- No gas cap fill neck

Rides smoother and quieter.

Nice truck overall, very pleased.

I too picked up my 2018 Denali. How did you get your heated seats to turn on with remote start?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new 2018 Denali fully loaded last month and traded in my 2015 Yukon Denali.

1- 10 Speed transmission
4- Teen driver function
7- No gas cap fill neck

what is a "active grill" and how does it function, wasn't aware a grill made noise?

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
I too picked up my 2018 Denali. How did you get your heated seats to turn on with remote start?
In the Settings, Vehicle, go to Remote Lock, Unlock, Start. Then click Remote Start Auto Heat Seats, turn to On.

Terry Hurlburt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

1- 10 Speed transmission
4- Teen driver function
7- No gas cap fill neck

I have owned a 2018 Yukon Denali since December. It is my second Denali, we also own a 2014 model.
The difference between the vehicles is significant. The 10 speed transmission is amazing. The transmission combined with the ability to shut down some cylinders has been amazing for mileage. We completed a trip to Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado a few days ago. Trip average was ~20.5 mpg with several 100 mile stretches reaching 26-27 mpg when on cruise control at about 65 mph. Even at 75-80 mph the vehicle would get +20.0 mpg.
As stated above the vehicle is much quieter.
Also the new safety related radar systems make it an easier vehicle to drive in tight quarters. And the adaptive cruise control makes highway driving a breeze. No more having to brake and reset the cruise. The vehicle slows when approaching traffic from behind, maintains a safe distance and then resumes set cruise speed when you can get an opening and pass the slowes vehicle. An amazing improvement. Not to mention the low speed braking the vehicle will do if you are a little slow getting on the brake when approaching a vehicle or a pedestrian.
All in all a great vehicle and a huge upgrade.
The 20 speed transmission makes the 6.2 liter engine feel even more powerful as it is always in it’s torque peak when accelerating.
Terry

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you add the shutters to a 2016 yukon looks like the plug may be there and it would bolt right up being they have been putting them on the escalade since start of production

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71