New 2018 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcello1395

Reaction score
Getting things transported is pure hell. I went with Garcia Transport, $1000. So many lies to get you to sign up. Offers from $500 to $1500 to transport it. If I didn’t have obligations, I’d go get it myself
Yeah same. Almost considering making the trip. Lol.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, looks like we were both bidding on the same 2015. I ended up winning it and decided to go for the cleaner, lower miles model vs newer year but to each his own! Keep us posted on the build, I'll post pics of mine too when it arrives.
Did you get yours yet?

ejf2461

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just bought a 2018 2wd PPV. I actually wanted the 2wd for simplicity. I went with this ex-county truck over a beautiful police chiefs 2015 Tahoe for a very good reason, the year. The 2018 comes with the large screen, upgraded instrument cluster and radio controls on the wheel. Huge money saver. Having done the CarPlay/factory NAV upgrade on an older 2015, I went with the 2018. I have plans to integrate a Cadillac night vision camera to it and get the new 20” steel rims from a 2021. I’d love carpet but I’m not sure how to install that.

From what I heard, at least with the newer PPVs (2018+), a lot of wiring is already in the truck for some of the extra civilian features because GM is lazy and used the same trucks, but just deleted the buttons. I’ll be digging in to that. The nicer instrument cluster means the wiring for the civilian steering wheel is there and available to be hooked up.

I’m trying to decide if I want a civilian console installed, or an older Havis console since I need to install a monitor for the night vision, and the police console would make that easy. At that time, I’d consider an iPad mini installed to the console as well.

Spot lights…do I want to reinstall the drivers light and get a passenger light as well? It’s coming with no spotlight, which is fine, but to properly patch and paint the area would cost more that buying two spotlights and getting them professionally installed. Decisions….

I think I got a decent deal on it, $15k with 134k miles on it, no accidents. Gives me money for fixing up the way I want. I have one photo that I added (front view only). Awesome front bumper huh?View attachment 371064
I have a 2015 & 2016 SSV That we upgraded to the 8" Motorized Screen with Naviagtion, XM, Apple/Android Play. I also added the GMC Denali Gauge Cluster, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel with Heat and all stereo controls, I added factory home link, push button start and factory gm carpet. GM needs to sell the LTZ Tahoe options to police departments who are willing to pay for them. All of my upgrades were installed by Stanley Chevrolet in McCordsville Indiana.

marcello1395

Reaction score
I have a 2015 & 2016 SSV That we upgraded to the 8" Motorized Screen with Naviagtion, XM, Apple/Android Play. I also added the GMC Denali Gauge Cluster, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel with Heat and all stereo controls, I added factory home link, push button start and factory gm carpet. GM needs to sell the LTZ Tahoe options to police departments who are willing to pay for them. All of my upgrades were installed by Stanley Chevrolet in McCordsville Indiana.
How much did that run you? got a run down?

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious about adding ouch button start. I was told that’s not something that can be done. What did that cost? I’ve tried to get carpet out in but can’t find anywhere that does it. I though body shops would do it, but nope.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’m curious about adding ouch button start. I was told that’s not something that can be done. What did that cost? I’ve tried to get carpet out in but can’t find anywhere that does it. I though body shops would do it, but nope.
Do the carpet yourself.

OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it’s here. Engine doesn’t sound great and has a check engine light on. Not disclosed….not happy. Not to mention the delivery driver was 4 hours late and gave me attitude about him “going out of his way to pick up the truck”. What an experience. I have phone calls to make….

Oh…no rear view mirror either. Yikes. I hope the other guy who got its twin faired better than me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC