Need Lowering Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PC3000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys so im bascially new to the Truck/SUV Scene. I have an 2010 Tahoe and just got 24" KMC Slides on 295/35 +25 Offset (Nitto 420s)

I definetely have to drop the Tahoe. After putting the wheels on I noticed that the cabin is alot louder and the ride stiffer.

Saying that, I'm looking to lower my Tahoe but I don't want to sacrifice the ride quality and if possible something that can improve the cabin noise and ride quality.

People are saying the following spindels, coil overs, shocks, coils.

Others are saying Belltech shocks, McGaughy's 2/3 drop

WHAT TO DO????

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
My Tahoe rides good for a Tahoe with a 3/5 drop on 26s, most times people are shocked by that.
I say get a 2/3 drop. 2" McGaughys spindles, and 2"-3" rear Belltech drop coils with some drop shocks will give the best ride.
If you do it soon, I have some Monroe shocks that are meant to be used with a drop for seel.

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score
lowering and improving ride quality dont go hand in hand, its either/or. if you wana drop it, you can get as close to the factory ride as possible. so from experience, id go with the DJM drop kit. it'll get you very close to the factory ride

Monarkk

Banned
Reaction score
I have the spindle and eibach springs and had no problems at all

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
lowering and improving ride quality dont go hand in hand, its either/or. if you wana drop it, you can get as close to the factory ride as possible. so from experience, id go with the DJM drop kit. it'll get you very close to the factory ride

+1. Not to mention you still have full towing abilities.

gettinbigger08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Modded, Can you PM me your email addy? Interested in the drop shocks if you still have them. Thanks!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I would GettingBigger, but I sold them already.
I would suggest you go with the Bilstein 5125, or Belltech Street drop shock. They are both good.

gettinbigger08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would GettingBigger, but I sold them already.
I would suggest you go with the Bilstein 5125, or Belltech Street drop shock. They are both good.

No worries, thanks anyway man. With the Bilsteins or belltechs, do I need the the shock extenders yet or do I just go straight coil with the the new shocks?

Want to keep a smooth ride, my Yukon has 44k on it. Thinking I might as well swap out the shocks at the same time. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts