Need Info On Seats Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZMXG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2001 tahoe 2wd. I have cloth seats. Did chevy make any leather seats that are black or dark Grey in any of the suburban, escalade, tahoes etc that will directly bolt up? I really want leather seats in it, and Google has gotten me nowhere. Thank you in advance.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They made them in grey. Go to seatshop.com and put in 2001 Tahoe and it will show you OEM colors available. Hard part will be finding a set.

OP
OP
Z

ZMXG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They made them in grey. Go to seatshop.com and put in 2001 Tahoe and it will show you OEM colors available. Hard part will be finding a set.
Light Grey leather or dark Grey? I know they made the light Grey in like the suburban. There just to bright for my tahoe. I'm gonna check that site out though. I appreciate it

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When my leather seat bottom wore out, I replaced the leather with their replacement leather. I’m not sure if you could just remove the cloth seat cover and buy leather. Check eBay, I saw some dark grey/graphite colors. Seat shop is not cheapest, but leather is top OEM quality. Check out their YouTube videos.

OP
OP
Z

ZMXG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Removing the cloth cover and putting leather on sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna see if I can't find a reputable place online that will stock the graphite. Thanks for the advice. That didn't even cross my mind lol

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would suggest new foam if you go that route. If you put leather on worn out foam it will wear leather out faster.

OP
OP
Z

ZMXG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would suggest new foam if you go that route. If you put leather on worn out foam it will wear leather out faster.
Yeah I checked the prices they are pretty high. Might just bite the bullet and go with the lighter leather the suburban had in them. If I can find some in good condition I'll just deal with it. While I'm using them I'll take mine out and see if I can't find a upholster somewhere to sew in the color I want

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't using any of the power functions, you could use newer seats which are easier to get. That said, 2001 is not compatible with 2003+ electronics.

shelton

Reaction score
The Silverado had a dark grey almost black. Started in late 99…hard to find in decent shape now days but they’re out there. 4 door Silverado will bolt up in suburban (rear seat) but not in a hoe due to the floor. Fronts are interchangeable however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01