Need help to find a new battery for my tahoe here in Germany

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello dear friends,

As I wrote in my heading, I am looking for a new battery for my Tahoe. I had the following problem. My starter was probably broken because it took me four to five tries to start the engine. Sometimes he just clicked and the battery broke down. I have changed the starter as well and the Crankshaft position sensor. He started now again just fine. Only I have the feeling when my Tahoe is standing longer that it starts a little harder. My guess was that my gasoline pump, which I bought last year, could also be the problem. But the gas pressure is 50psi. I had only made the mistake of buying a cheaper one that didn't fit right away.
I am considering changing this to an AC Delco or Bosch. Just to know that this could not be a possible mistake.
But I would like to install a battery that may have 1000cca. Or at least as much as possible. But since I need the dimensions of how big it can be, I need your help.
1. How big can the battery be in centimeters that it still fits
2. Which battery manufacturer would you recommend to me?
3. the best capacities and cca

That would make my search here in Germany much easier. Many thanks to all of you

Regards Markus

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless your running alot of aftermarket accessories and your still running an oem style starter your just wasting money on a 1000cca battery. can your starter even handle that much power is a good question. 5.3 or 6.2 looks like 650cca is a regular cca for your truck. a better standard style will get you about 750ish. id imagine optima batteries are available where your at since they are popular in performance applications. a good optima with the guaranteed fit will sit you in the 800-850cca. regardless even jumping 100cca over your original battery will get you a definite noticeable difference. cca will only increase the speed at which the starter spins the engine and is still limited by the starter. also regardless of the engine you have there is a weaker aftermarket version and the original acdelco one. can you give us any information on the starter you used to replace it with? maybe we can find you a stronger starter.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I bought a TYC starter from Rock Auto and have already installed it. It is so that the Tahoe also starts well. It is only that when I am in the garage overnight and in the morning it is still difficult for me to start the engine. Then I drive a few kilometers and then restart the engine, then it's ok again. He starts well but you can hear that he needs more power to get the engine start.
https://www.rockauto.com/de/moreinfo.php?pk=4488405&cc=1433255&jsn=1
Here is the link for.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tyc is rated slightly weaker than the standard oem acdelco. also it sounds more like you might have a slight parasitic drain on your battery. you could try unhooking your battery the next time you park it overnight. in the morning hook the battery back up and see if it starts any faster. it may idle wierd for a few seconds or straight stall once. just let it warm up or restart it if needed and it will smooth back out. leaving the battery unhooked for long periods will clear some of the tables so the computer will have to relearn its idle settings but its nothing to be concerned about.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I wrote in my heading, I am looking for a new battery for my Tahoe.

Markus, the ACDelco 48PS is your stock battery.

It has 615 Cold Cranking Amps, a Reserve Capacity of 110 Minutes and a Discharge Rating of 70 Amps.

The battery weighs 17.6 Kilograms and the dimensions are 278 mm Long, 175 mm Wide and 190 mm High.

The other batteries recommended by GM are the 48PG and 48HPG and have higher capacities.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends. I would like to give you a general update on my situation. It was not the starter that caused the problem but the battery. The funny thing was that the day we installed the starter, I did a battery test with a special tester. There the battery was called OK. Then on Sunday he didn't want to start again. My friend came back and tested the battery again. The result was 'cell defective'. Now I have a Varta silver with 78Ah and 780Ah starter current. He jumps now like a kangaroo.

Now I have a question about gas pressure. I measured that when I hit the engine start 50psi pressure. When I just turned the ignition on, the device did not display anything. But is it also because the engine was warm and I installed an LPG system and this starts the engine directly with LPG from 40 degrees Celsius. Maybe I would have to measure the whole thing again in cold condition and see how high the pressure is before the engine starts. Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying a cheap petrol pump. But those who buy cheap buy twice. What do you think of Delphi, Bosch, Acdelco? Or is there even better here that deliver more pressure. Thank you for all great information and help.

Greetings Markus

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends. I would like to give you a general update on my situation. It was not the starter that caused the problem but the battery. The funny thing was that the day we installed the starter, I did a battery test with a special tester. There the battery was called OK. Then on Sunday he didn't want to start again. My friend came back and tested the battery again. The result was 'cell defective'. Now I have a Varta silver with 78Ah and 780Ah starter current. He jumps now like a kangaroo.

Now I have a question about gas pressure. I measured that when I hit the engine start 50psi pressure. When I just turned the ignition on, the device did not display anything. But is it also because the engine was warm and I installed an LPG system and this starts the engine directly with LPG from 40 degrees Celsius. Maybe I would have to measure the whole thing again in cold condition and see how high the pressure is before the engine starts. Unfortunately I made the mistake of buying a cheap petrol pump. But those who buy cheap buy twice. What do you think of Delphi, Bosch, Acdelco? Or is there even better here that deliver more pressure. Thank you for all great information and help.

Greetings Markus

I believe the OE supplier for the stock pumps was Bosch. We have seen Delphi not lasting on here. The computer controls how much pressure the pump puts out. In the old days we boosted them with more voltage.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the OE supplier for the stock pumps was Bosch. We have seen Delphi not lasting on here. The computer controls how much pressure the pump puts out. In the old days we boosted them with more voltage.

Thank you my friend swathdiver. I also considered buying a Bosch pump. Like I said, I bought a pump on eBay. She hadn't gotten such a bad rating. But it also only cost $57. That was probably a mistake. Because Bosch is already traveling around $157 here. I have also replaced new spark plugs and ignition cables. Because I drive 30,000 miles (ca. 48,280 km) a year. They cannot be the problem.

Therefore, I can not imagine that I bought something good with the 57. The pressure fuel sensor already had a defect and I had to change it after 10 months. I will order the Bosch and install it. This morning it took the Tahoe a long time to get it going really well. It sounded like he was only running on 4 cylinders and then after 10 seconds everything was back to normal. The assumption would be that the pressure drops and the pump simply takes too long to build up the gas pressure.

Or could it be another mistake that produces this strong jerking.
Many thanks Markus

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello swatdiver. Today I was on the rock-auto.com website. I have now looked at the Bosch pump as well as the ACdelco.

Here is the link to the Bosch pump
https://www.rockauto.com/de/moreinfo.php?pk=977262&cc=1433255&jsn=4214

here is the link to ACdelco
https://www.rockauto.com/de/moreinfo.php?pk=1040500&cc=1433255&jsn=4219

If we compare these two, which would be the better choice for them? Because the product video from ACdelco was very interesting in terms of the quality differences of the pumps. I want to buy something really good this time. Thank you

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we compare these two, which would be the better choice for them? Because the product video from ACdelco was very interesting in terms of the quality differences of the pumps. I want to buy something really good this time. Thank you
Hello Markus, in my opinion, buy the AC Delco pump. I’ve had similar luck to you with non-OEM fuel pumps. These trucks do best with the genuine part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14