Need help tahoe was stolen a week ago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witchell5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a 2000 tahoe someone stole it a week ago and when I got it back I seen they messed up my ignition bad. I've gotten it to start twice but it shuts right back off. Can anyone help and tell me what I need to do to get it running again like it should

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a 2000 tahoe someone stole it a week ago and when I got it back I seen they messed up my ignition bad. I've gotten it to start twice but it shuts right back off. Can anyone help and tell me what I need to do to get it running again like it should
sounds like you need a new ignition cyclinder and do a security relearn.
you did not provide any details or photos, so "messed up" could mean a lot of things

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Pisses me off when I hear about the theft.

What @Doubeleive said, need pics and details. Does the vehicle have a security system? Is the damage just at the key tumbler/lock cylinder? Was the steering column broken in to? Damage at the ignition switch?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog