Need help installing DVD headrests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a pair of OEM DVD headrests and I would like to hook them up to my Kenwood DDX514.

I opened them up and they don't seem to have any RCA connections that would plug into the back of my radio. It looks like they are designed to be run separately from the stock system because they come with wireless headphones.

Is there an adapter I can buy to be able to hook them up or are they just going to have to be separate? Any help is appreciated as I'm a little new to hooking up auxiliary accessories.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probaly not...

if they are oem maybe you can find a wiring diagram so you can figure out which leads are video and which are audio. USUALLY they are Tiny coaxial wires that are almost the same size as regular wires. once you figure that out you can patch in a normal rca jack.

OEMs pretty much never use RCAs... rcas can be come unplugged and aren't weathertight.

OP
OP
V

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that kind of sucks. I'm not sure the appeal if I can't tie them into my HU. I guess I could always get 2 visor monitors and then use the headrests for video games or something.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
video games, dvd, eithr way you'll have to figure out the video connections. and once you do you can connect them to the aftermarket head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman