Need help asap on 4l80 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nalifornia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have 7 nuetrals on my 4l60 today. It's my daily, offroad, work truck, pull people out with trailers, 20k miles in 6 months type of beater. Well I've been playing with the idea of a 4l80 swap for some time, but I haven't done a ton of reasearch into it at all. I wasn't expecting to have this problem this soon. Well anyways, I basically have a little over 30 hours to figure out how I'm gonna make a 4l80 swap succesful. Sometime by next week. Info: 00 obs Denali,
5.7(rebuilt 20k ago)
4l60e (stock)
np246 (TC replaced with two year old rebuild about 3 months ago).
Okay so it's being pushed on me that I have to get my truck back on the road, I hate the 4l60, and I'm gonna spend all night and tomorrow researching the 4l80, but right now I need any advice people can offer before I hit the junk yards Monday morning. I need ideas like donor vehicles to look for, specific year, whatever codes I may need, aftermarket equipment for shift controls or whatever, basically how I can make it work with the 5.7 right now. I was gonna shop for a LQ4 this week but my plans changed lol. So yeah, lack of torque in first gear won't be a problem for long, I can live with that, I absolutely hate the 4l60 though. So please let's try to help me make this a reality. I already bought a bunch of parts and tuning software for my Honda this week, so I can't afford an engine AND trans AND transfer case right now, or else I would be doing that. I would prefer to be doing that, but that isn't my reality right now. So I will be doing nothing but research into 4l80s for the next 24 hours, any help I can get from you guys will be appreciated. Since I'm trying to keep the budget low, is it possible to make the np246 with 27 spline shaft work with 32 spline from the 4l80? It's not the best transfer case, but mine was rebuilt in the end of 2017. My head's gonna explode right now, sorry for the rambling guys. I'll be combing through the threads now.

Snapchat-842319660.jpg

OP
OP
Nalifornia

Nalifornia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Solved my own problem and bought a shitbox Miata in the meantime. Now I can take my time with the trans. Can we delete posts? Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM