NBS or OBS...need some opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

em76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all...I'm a recently retired Army guy (16yrs) Four tours to Iraq. Im a huge fan of Denali's but I am so indecisive about which Body Style to purchase. I'm big on the OBS 06 to 03....but I love the interior of the NBS. Im looking to purchase one or the other (used) August or so and I really need some opinions from owners who have them. My purchase will be "straight cash homie" ...lol so financing and all that isnt an issue im just trying to figure out which direction to go....I waffle about three times a day. SECONDLY...If I do go with the OBS the question becomes...which length? Any pointers or info you guys can give an old soldier would greatly help...Thanks in advance.
SFC (R) E. Tillman Sr.
101st Airborne Division (Air Assault

Attachments

• DSCF0189.jpg
    DSCF0189.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NBS has black interior as an option which is a big plus.

Really depends on what you need it for, what you want to spend and if you plan on modifying it or leaving it stock.

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did post this in the obs section, are you favoring obs?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBS is like 98 and older (some 99s) if you like the NBS ( mid 99-06) I'd for sure get one of those, IMHO better motors,etc.

OP
OP
E

em76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses....
Im favoring an 05 or 06..but ive been lookin at the Tahoes a lot lately too.
I really dont haul anything and only have two kids to get around so the space really isnt an issue.
I dont plan on leaving it stock. I plan on lowering it and going with at least 24's
I guess for the truck im to stay in the 24k to 27k range

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference between the 06 and the 07+ is pretty significant. I was pretty well set on a 2006 z71 that was pretty well loaded and decided on a 2007 SLT as it was night and day on drive/ride. I "settled" for higher miles and less options for a slightly higher price between the two as it was just that much better. I do, at times, miss all the seat adjustments I would have had though. :)

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Thanks for your service to our country.

I have an 05 Tahoe for sale that is pristine, it is priced less than your stated price range, and its loaded. There are several threads on this board regarding the work I've done on it. If you are interested, send me a PM. Here is a picture album of the vehicle:

http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/eheisig/2005 Chevrolet Tahoe/

-B

Last edited:

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 Denali XL and I love it. If I had the money I'd trade it for an 08-09 denali in a heartbeat though. All depends on what you want to spend dude. Happy retirement, I got 10 more AF years before I hang up my wings.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have kids the longer one has its pluses. More storage in the back. Especially if you plan on putting in a sub box. Also if its important to you about the back windows going all the way down you also need to go full size. The hoes and short kons the back windows dont go all the way down as the wheels wells interfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89