Navigation Android App?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody with a 2022 Yukon/Tahoe use a android navigation app other than Google Maps? I need an app that will plan trips with multiple stops while traveling and would be great if it would import data from Garmin Basecamp. Google Maps will import from Garmin Basecamp but is really wonky when trying to start a trip in Google Maps and I would not trust it. Trying to utilize the large infotainment screen to navigate with, and no I am not interested in Onstar or Sirrus Radio to do this.
Thanks

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only built in app is Google Maps. There is no other Nav app available to download to the vehicle from google play.

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you can't download any app you want from Google Play, that sucks, guess I will just have to keep using my Garmin DriveSmart GPS

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you can't download any app you want from Google Play, that sucks, guess I will just have to keep using my Garmin DriveSmart GPS
Think the plan is to roll out more apps to this platform but yes as of now there are only limited apps from Google Play that can be downloaded to our vehicles.

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect then that the only apps that will be available will be ones from Google

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect then that the only apps that will be available will be ones from Google
Found an article that says you can join the beta test of Flitsmeister and Sygic in your google account and then they can be downloaded to the vehicle through the Play Store. Seems like both of those are Nav apps, maybe one does what you're looking for.

Article

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, as mentioned, use your your phone mirrored to the main display through android auto or apple car play. That way you can use any app you want.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the issue with using a phone or app is when you loose cell coverage your screwed, stick with a stand alone gps
unless......that app downloads all the map data and can rely on gps data only and if your phone has a built in real gps.
around here on the west coast if you go anywhere mountainous or off road there is no cell coverage-period and even popular highways like 101 have sporatic coverage
if you are traveling in known to have cell coverage area's waze works great and you can add multiple stops and it will project on the screen thru android auto/carplay
I usually use both my Garmin and Waze (because of it's features) while traveling and because the phone will loose coverage but will catch back up when coverage returns in the meantime the garmin keeps on working.
you can download maps into google maps (for coverage when you loose a signal) but they are limited to small area's and you would need to keep doing it as you travel along

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove