N-Fab 3" nerf bars.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All right guys/gals.

Ordered these yesterday and they are out for delivery Today. Will report back with photos and my overall thoughts after installation.

Screenshot_2019-08-21-19-38-43.png

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright,

So these were purchased from CARID

https://www.carid.com/n-fab/3-wheel...um=order&utm_campaign=order_notification_mail

Not the cheapest set of bars available, but I really liked the way they looked. A few weeks ago I used some Armor all on my factory running boards and learned really quickly not to do that again as I nearly rolled my ankle one morning slipping off of it. Any oily product on the factory bars cause them to get really slippery as im sure all of you know. The problem is mine were starting to stain and they are difficult to keep clean. This is what ultimately led me to decide to get new ones.

Bottom line, I love the new bars. Welds look great, powdercoat is nice and even and thick, and the best news was how easy and troublefree the install was. It was literally a remove and replace affair. All brackets lined up with factory holes and everything lined up perfectly. I was able to lie on my back and balance the bar across my body while I put the bolts on by hand just enough to mount the rest. An extra set of hands would have been helpful but not necessary. The whole job took about an hour, although if I had to do it again, probably around 35 minutes.

Very happy with the purchase and I think they look way better than stock running boards. Function great. Absolutely no flex in them whatsoever. They are rock solid.
0823191944c_HDR~2.jpg 0823191945a~2.jpg 0823192003b~2.jpg 0823192003a_HDR~2.jpg 0823192003c_HDR~2.jpg

AZ Rat

Reaction score
Hey Man, TY for posting. I’ve been meaning to order the N-Fab ones as well. I love they way they look, just didn't want to spend the $400+ for them yet. I was looking at the matte black. Are yours the glossy version?

Either way, they look fantastic!

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, they are the glossy version. I love them so far. Was worth the money for me personally. Was very impressed with the fitament and the resulting looks.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, they are the glossy version. I love them so far. Was worth the money for me personally. Was very impressed with the fitament and the resulting looks.

Look great! I tried ordering these same steps earlier this year from carid.com and it was a disaster. I ended up sending back 2 products and paying 3x for shipping.
Anyway, do you have the exact order/sku for the item you purchased? Is that the same as your original image posting of the steps?

Also - love the fog lights :)
How do those work for you?
Is it a vinyl wrap you used or new part?

Are those painted tow hooks or OE part for Silverado?

Happy trails

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look great! I tried ordering these same steps earlier this year from carid.com and it was a disaster. I ended up sending back 2 products and paying 3x for shipping.
Anyway, do you have the exact order/sku for the item you purchased? Is that the same as your original image posting of the steps?

Also - love the fog lights :)
How do those work for you?
Is it a vinyl wrap you used or new part?

Are those painted tow hooks or OE part for Silverado?

Happy trails

Thanks! Order arrived promptly and everything showed up in great condition. Easy install.

My Tahoe did not come with fogs. I ordered a harness from Gen5diy, installed a new fascia with tow hook cutouts and stock fogs and fog housings. Everything works great.

The tow hooks are the factory accessory hooks for the Tahoe. I scuffed them up, primed and painted them.

Here is the skew for the barsScreenshot_20191018-224506~2.png

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Order arrived promptly and everything showed up in great condition. Easy install.

My Tahoe did not come with fogs. I ordered a harness from Gen5diy, installed a new fascia with tow hook cutouts and stock fogs and fog housings. Everything works great.

The tow hooks are the factory accessory hooks for the Tahoe. I scuffed them up, primed and painted them.

Here is the skew for the barsView attachment 232805

Ordered yellow lamin-x vinyl for the fogs

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered yellow lamin-x vinyl for the fogs

Thanks all!

I think the N-Fab steps will be a "christmas present" to myself - I really like those and upon your review and great photos am willing to give carid.com another try.

Yellow Lamin-x: I was actually looking at that product on Amazon.com yesterday. It seemed expensive but reviews seemed good. I think I will go for that sooner than later. Foggy mornings and winter is right around the corner and I want to be good and ready for this winter in Maine.

OP
OP
Tk59194

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!

I think the N-Fab steps will be a "christmas present" to myself - I really like those and upon your review and great photos am willing to give carid.com another try.

Yellow Lamin-x: I was actually looking at that product on Amazon.com yesterday. It seemed expensive but reviews seemed good. I think I will go for that sooner than later. Foggy mornings and winter is right around the corner and I want to be good and ready for this winter in Maine.

I use lamin-x on all my front lights for all my vehicles. Protects the lights from getting scratched/pitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar