Mystery wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2003 Yukon xl 2500 slt and was hooking up a brake controller harness, pulled the cover to the right of the e brake and noticed a black flat wire with 4 tiny wires terminated in a small (3/8") white plug with 4 inline pins kind of hanging out in the area not connected to anything. Nothing obvious to connect it to. It seems to be comming from up and has about 6" of slack on it. Any guesses? Note: As far as I can tell everything electrical seems to work

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an external antenna to an aftermarket security system.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some came pre-wired for brake controllers.

Mine (2000) is prewired for a brake controller but there is already a plug in that elecrical panel he's talking about. I just bought the right plug at my RV dealer, spliced the wired on it to my controler, plugged the other end into the electrical panel and was good to go. Very easy.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i'm with jk and eagle on this one...the brake controller harness plug is bigger than what you described.

Pat

OP
OP
F

fordup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Here are some shots of the wire and plug.IMG_5780.jpg. It's not a brake controller (too light and small) and I added the harness for that to the box to connect a Prodigy

Attachments

• IMG_5781.jpg
    IMG_5781.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec