My Tahoe Mods - 98 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- I ended up replacing the heater switch which melted due to the blower motor not working properly, which meant that i had to replace the blower motor as well. At least i have heating in this -teen’s weather.

- After the heater switch replacement i hear some kind of hissing/stirring noise (as though a fan is working) behind the dash (it is not the blower motor) and i am wondering if there are any vacuum lines behind the dash that I accidently removed. I say this as the noise goes away when I press the accelerator. Any advice it this regard would be appreciated.

- The brake shudder turned out to be a bad 'abs module' which turns out to be more problematic than i need in the winter. I am told that if i replace the module i have to bleed the system and that i need to go to the 'dealership' to get that done. Short term fix was to remove the fuse and do without ABS for the moment. This has resulted in a very annoying dash brake light ON. To popular belief it was not the sensors in the wheel hubs.

- I also replaced the intake gasket as there was a coolant leak and it was driving me crazy to see puddles in the garage

- Replaced the idler arm as the truck was wondering a bit on the straights

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Do it. You can crank keys a wee bit and put a block in the back and go up 2in

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man , I just started thinking if you want this to be a build thread I can send it to the "under construction " section of the forum Let me know

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Donnie Yukonie, please do move it as I will keep it updated as reference for future owners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got round to adding the ""Rear A/C block off kit 1995-1999 Suburban Chevy / GMC Aux. AC Elimination"

eBay for $50. it took me half a day to wrench the old lines off but it seems to be working now.

the addition was 36oz for anyone's reference.

Attachments

• AC link.jpg
    AC link.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winter/Spring update:
The Tahoe took a back seat to 'life with a backpack' in 2015 ... however I have managed to merge both the roads, by planning a road trip to Alaska (thru Edmonton to Denali etc.) Estimate the roundtrip to be around 20k. Thinking of taking the 'quad' in a enclosed 4x6 trailer with other trip stuff and convert the Tahoe so that we can comfortably sleep in it.

Wish list
- Winch
- Additional Gas tanks, on roof rack
- Replace spare with aluminum wheel and add a extra spare on roof rack.
- bush bar
- upgrade the lights, LED fogs front and rear.
- repair the abs module / update the brake components
- tires (285/75/16) / alignment
- Onboard Air?

thoughts / ideas?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy