My Tahoe 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I am back after a long involuntary absence. Indeed, it was impossible for me to connect to the Forum and other US sites. Yesterday, I was looking for information for my Tahoe and I noticed that I was able to connect again.

Hope I can stay for a while.

I made some modifications on my Tahoe: I brought a little color under the hood, changed the headlights (not in the photos)

IMG_20200504_185710.jpg
IMG_20200504_185721.jpg
IMG_20200613_180521.jpg

IMG_20200720_220951.jpg

I took advantage of my vacation to go on delivery with a truck driver friend, so I left my work on it for a day.

IMG_20200713_093632.jpg

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A small family photo that grew with the arrival of a Mazda CX-9 for Madame, with the V6 3.7 Duratec Ford and my old ZJ 5.2

IMG_20200811_185907.jpg

My Chevy also helped find my wood that I had cut for this winter. It's funny but I saw my trailer much bigger behind the ZJ :anitoof:

IMG_20200820_120242.jpg

I have some work to do this month. My truck must make its visit to the technical control in October. it is valid for two years thereafter. 600 failures can be verified and 450 can be subject to a follow-up visit. In this case, you have two months to make the repairs.
Normally a check costs $ 90, but my controller being a former soldier like me, I am entitled to my discount :D

I changed my fuel pump two months ago, and since then, as soon as I go below 1/4 full, my truck no longer wants to start so it bothers me a bit. I have a connection problem on my rear fog light which refuses to come on and I have my ABS warning light which comes on constantly. With my problem with the fog lights and the ABS, I already know that it will fail the technical control

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome back. Nice to see a Tahoe in another country. With your ABS--it's a common problem for the abs modules solder needing to be reflowed. Instead of buying a new module, you can take your old one, disassemble it and reflow the solder joints. I've heard it's not a job for the faint of heart. It could also be a problem in your front hub or hubs. Def check into those.

clemenshess97

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the rear fog light on my 2003 Tahoe, but my next inspection is in April next year, so I'll still have time to figure that out :)
Maybe you can give an update on what the problem was with the fog light when you have solved it, this might save me some time.

Are there many Tahoes in France ?
Here in Germany they are very rare, I see one maybe once a month.

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, of course. I think it should just be the fuse that is a problem. But as the rear fog lights are added for the Europe versions, you have to know where it is :anitoof::anitoof:

I also see some Tahoe in circulation in France. The other day I came across a brand new Suburban. In France, when it comes to American trucks, people only think about Dodge RAM. You see a lot of them on the road. But it's nice, as soon as you come across another American truck, there's always a nice hand gesture or you stop on the side of the road and talk for 5 minutes :beer:

I once stopped for coffee on the freeway and a guy came to me to chat. He owned a Silverado in his house. He said, "Come home when you have time, we'll have a beer."

Thanks Tony, actually I'll look for welds because the modules are expensive especially if you add the shipping and customs

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes, of course. I think it should just be the fuse that is a problem. But as the rear fog lights are added for the Europe versions, you have to know where it is :anitoof::anitoof:

I also see some Tahoe in circulation in France. The other day I came across a brand new Suburban. In France, when it comes to American trucks, people only think about Dodge RAM. You see a lot of them on the road. But it's nice, as soon as you come across another American truck, there's always a nice hand gesture or you stop on the side of the road and talk for 5 minutes :beer:

I once stopped for coffee on the freeway and a guy came to me to chat. He owned a Silverado in his house. He said, "Come home when you have time, we'll have a beer."

Thanks Tony, actually I'll look for welds because the modules are expensive especially if you add the shipping and customs
Good luck @Spacido. I hear it could be a real pain in the ass sometimes, but if you're able to fix it'll be worth it.
Check that junction block on the floor near the parking brake pedal. Sometimes outfitters run power add ons from there.
If you can't find the fuse for that rear fog light, maybe you can splice it in another wire to get it to work.

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since I'm really bad at electricity, I think I'll pass the mission to my mechanic :gr_grin:

Anyway he has to change my Khumo tires that we see in the photos. Good tires but they are completely worn after only 12,500 miles. The next ones are Pirelli Scorpion AT +.

On the ZJ I'm in Goodyear Duratrac, a tire that I love but I can't find them in France. They disappeared from the dealers

Last edited:

clemenshess97

Reaction score

Same here in Germany with the RAM, I see at least three or four of them each day here in the Berlin area, but no Tahoes, Yukons or Suburbans, they are very rare.
The F150 Raptor is also growing in popularity here, you see more and more of them, I just saw a lifted one with a steel bumper the other day at a dealership, it looked pretty cool.

I own my Tahoe for about 3 months now and was really surprised that US car drivers say hello to eachother on the road here, just like bikers do.

OP
OP
Spacido

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been driving an American car for a few years. The tahoe is a fantastic machine. American vehicles are simpler in design and therefore easier to maintain or repair than our European gadgets and in addition the parts are inexpensive because they are not changing engines or components every 3 years :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

I love the comfort of US cars and their big V8s full of torque. It is not ideal in our city centers but it does not matter anyway everyone moves away when they see you coming across :D:D

At the moment I am chatting with a friend. He tells me he wants to sell his Nissan Navara 2.5 diesel to take a 4x4 US V8 :favorites37:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14