My New Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I had the dealer do the instal. If I had more time when the parts arrived, or access to a lift, I would have just done it myself. I watched the guy do it and it was really straightforward. It might have been a little awkward without a lift.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post... Nice to see the underpinnings

OP
OP
T

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the well-wishes guys. Unfortunately, my poor truck is stuck in the storage lot in Grand Prairie, Texas, the staging area for the shipping company. The truck was scheduled to be delivered on the 27th, but right now there is no further delivery scheduled at this time. Pretty annoying from my perspective, but I'm at the mercy of a third party shipper.

OP
OP
T

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At what stage do they fill it up with gas on the line? How much they put in

If you see the picture where the truck is only kissing the front end, it just got all the fluids right before that. I don't know how much gas they put in. The truck comes along, then these hoses drop from above. Someone puts all the hoses where they go, then they all simultaneously pump the fluids in and stop automatically. I'm sure it's not a full tank or anything. They only pump for a minute or so. Part of the dealer make ready is to add additional gas and fully charge the battery.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
This was cool to read! Do you have the trick yet? I'd love those wheels!

OP
OP
T

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the truck yet. It's sitting on the shipper's lot. GM put a hold on shipping out all trucks with the 8-speed transmission. As far as I know, that's just the Denalis and Cadillacs. My understanding from back channels is that they found an issue with a part from a supplier and are trying to decide how to handle it.

If I do wind up getting the truck, the rims are going on Craigslist, and I'm going to buy some take-off standard rims.

OP
OP
T

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from my friend. The shipper has dispatched my truck to be delivered today. Of course I have plans from now until late tonight... That's ok, they probably won't have the truck ready for a day or two. I've asked them to put a few accessories and window tint on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667