My New 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm new here, love the truck, and have already done a fair amount of mods. Well when I purchased the truck there were a few very small dings I wanted them to take care of. Well when doing a visual inspection I was unable to do at 10pm the night I picked it up I notice the rear bumper cover with a slight bulge behind the driver side rear tire. So they looked at it and took it in to have the PDR guy do his thing, which turned out awesome but they also told me that it needed 1700 bucks worth of work done to fix the cover. New cover, paint and left tail light that has a very very small crack. They are covering all the cost and will make it right so I'm good there. So on to my question.

If this was your new 65K truck what would you do. Assuming the work turns out perfect, and you have already modded the truck to your liking what would you expect the dealer to do.. I bought a new truck that was a dealer transfer. I wanted it trailered, they had it driven down. That pissed me off, 400 miles BUT the driver was 65+ and was a long time driver for the company. They made that right. Now this..

Thoughts

LGSONE

Reaction score
Are you asking what kind of compensation you would ask for from the dealership? For the damage or the mileage?

If they are covering the damage that seems pretty legit to me, as for the mileage, hard to say. If you had an agreement and they did something else, I would see what you could get. If you made a request and they said no and you bought the truck anyway, I doubt you will have much luck.

OP
OP
LGSONE

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the mileage thing they took care of but the damage was the big surprise. Nobody knew about it and they have offered to fix it but of all the cars I have purchase never has this happened. They are a pretty stand up dealership but I did buy a new truck not a damaged one. I'm not the greedy type and really don't want to start off being "that guy". The general manager called today and asked what "I wanted" to make sure I'm happy. Free service, have that. I really didn't have an answer so I was hoping if someone here had a similar experience what they would have done. If they want to throw money at it then fine but that what other options have others been offered.

LGSONE

OP
OP
LGSONE

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So truck getting repaired and ck for 500.00 waiting... works for me. Pays for the tags. The other dealer said they "forgot" to have the disclosure of damage signed, releasing them of liability...

LGSONE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts