My Brothers Truck!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!! When its done you better :pics-stfu:

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I'm still trying to hit my brother up for more pics! Sorry guys!

It was raining yesterday after I put it on...

Grill4.gif

Grill2.gif

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great!!!! Get those black housing headlights with amber delete and the front is finished!!!

Nice Ride!!

I put the headlights in the oven at 200 for 12 min and for the life of me, i couldn't get them open.

:emotions122:

Everywhere I've looked, they say that's all you need to do and the open right up...

OP
OP
BlackDenali

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
I put the headlights in the oven at 200 for 12 min and for the life of me, i couldn't get them open.

:emotions122:

Everywhere I've looked, they say that's all you need to do and the open right up...

The stock headlights or the aftermarket black ones?

Did you preheat the oven to 200 and then put them in???

If not the oven will not be hot enough!!!! :slap:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stock headlights or the aftermarket black ones?

Did you preheat the oven to 200 and then put them in???

If not the oven will not be hot enough!!!! :slap:

Stock headlights, yes it was preheated.

I did this to my G35 headlights, so I know how to do this, but I just couldn't get these escalade ones open at all...

OP
OP
BlackDenali

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
The trick is to use multiple flathead screwdrivers. You pry one in flat, then twist it. Leave it in, and repeat the process with another. Start with the side closest to the orange corner marker because it comes apart easiest. Once it is open, you'll be able to remove the orange reflector. To put them back together, either reheat them so the factory silicone reseals, or buy a correct silicone. Do not use a glue that fumes, it will ruin the lights (ie- no superglue).

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trick is to use multiple flathead screwdrivers. You pry one in flat, then twist it. Leave it in, and repeat the process with another. Start with the side closest to the orange corner marker because it comes apart easiest. Once it is open, you'll be able to remove the orange reflector. To put them back together, either reheat them so the factory silicone reseals, or buy a correct silicone. Do not use a glue that fumes, it will ruin the lights (ie- no superglue).

:Handshake:

I'm going to try again this weekend...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog