My 5.3 vs 6.0 evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interested in this! Seems like a good cheap power swap! Where did you pick your engine up at? And what would be easier (read cheaper) if the tranny ended up going out? A rebuilt one or putting a 4l80e in? or other?

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do for the ECU, did you have to have it tuned for the 6.0? Was it driveable w/ the 5.3 computer?

I got it tuned for the 6.0 from Justin at Blackbear..never tried to drive it on the old tune

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

boy big wheels must weigh down the truck quite alot, your 6.0 vid looks slower than my 5.3.

it also weighs alot more then your ext cab stock for stock..plus 250 lbs of audio, then the heavy ass wheels that measure to almost a 33" tire..

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
......my trans has a shift kit and servo, but its slipping now. it has 155k on it so thats probably not helping..im looking into getting a built trans here soon and then throwin a cam and a 3600 stall in it.
Yikes, dude...I don't think I'd go all the way up to a 3600rpm stall converter. That will be hell on the street and you'll burn up your fancy new trans in a hurry--even with a trans cooler. For the street keep it around 2200-2500rpm or so.

With your gear ratio, tall tires, and heavy ass truck it would take wayyyy too much throttle to accelerate normally with a 3600rpm stall.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I got it tuned for the 6.0 from Justin at Blackbear..never tried to drive it on the old tune

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

it also weighs alot more then your ext cab stock for stock..plus 250 lbs of audio, then the heavy ass wheels that measure to almost a 33" tire..

im taking about the yukon. Which is an XL and has stock 20's.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk what to tell ya RT lol..its faster then most of the trucks around here..a 07 vmax always tries to race me and i can take him..

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
huh weird and a Vmax, wtf lol. thats 367 hp on a silverado. Should blow the doors off of ya. IDK it prolly has more power, its just hard to tell with out actually feeling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts