My 2011 Avalanche

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iCalvin

Reaction score
DSC_5094_Fotor_zpsaf35a10d.jpg

Lowered 2/4 with Belltech Spindles up front and DJM coils in rear.
Spohn 4-Link
DJM Kit and Freetravel Mod
RideTech Standalone Coilover shocks
Airlift bags

Black Bear Tune
Airaid Jr Tube
Magnaflow muffler and SLP Resonator delete
Oil Catch Can

Boss 330s 22"

Colormatched bowties and a Carriage Works grille and inserts
EXT Rear Sail Panels and Light
Escalade Power Folding Mirrors

Z71 Aluminum Trim with colormatched dash trim pieces

Quad Projector Setup (Retro of the Month March 2014)
FXR + MH1 5.0 Retro. Iris Shrouds. Dual turn/parking.
CBI Bulbs. Denso Ballasts. TRS Relay. Time Delay Relay. Colormatched and Tinted Reflector and Trim

Python 574 Alarm + other security features
Valentine 1 and Blendmount
Lukas 7300 Dash Cam

Pioneer AVH-x8500bhs
Crescendo Components and Midranges
Alpine 4 Channel
Midgate box built for Sundown x-12
Polk 1000.1
Big 3, Isolated XS Power battery for auxilary and dual alternators.

Llumar AirBlue 80% on Windshield with Pinnacle Ceramic Sunstrip
Llumar Ceramic CTX 50% over stock on fronts
Llumar Ceramic CTX 30% over stock on rears
(if you run a radar detector, using metallic based tint hinders your detection signal)

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Very nice Avy Calvin.
It looks clean and simple.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Calvin check your pm. got a question for you

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the response and comments. Didn't really get a chance to get on here due to finals for college taking up my free time. Norcal I replied back.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell us more about the rear shocks.

What part number.....pictures?

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
Please tell us more about the rear shocks.

What part number.....pictures?

http://www.ridetech.com/info/2011/12/ridetechs-new-2012-shock-line-up/

The shocks are basically Ridetechs coilover shocks, I just run them as a shock, the body is threaded. The shocks alone are a work of art, I honestly did not want to put them on due to how amazing they looked. I will get a picture when I get a chance. The only thing that was bugging me about installing the shocks was that Ridetech's shock mount spacers were made for the smaller width mounts (dunno the actual name) so I had to find some quarter inch thick spacers. I honestly can't complained though due to the fact that I basically got them for "free."

I ordered their new Q-series shocks awhile ago since they were suppose to be in stock by then. The q-series shocks are relatively new still and after waiting a week after ordering from Ridetech, I called them for an update and they told me they were actually not to be shipped out till January of 2013 (I got the shocks well over a month or two ago) so they gave me the choice to either wait or give me their coilover type shocks for the price I paid for the q-series. The shocks are amazing, they also look great as you can see them and all their glory through the spokes of my rim.

The truck rides insanely well for being lowered, it feels exactly as it did stock height which amazed my dad as we have a 2/3 lowered Tahoe which rides like :Plugged:. My friend and I lowered the truck at my shop and he said we did a way better job than the people that lowered the Tahoe. He was amazed that I knew how to take apart ball-joints without tearing the boot up like the "pros" that did the Tahoe previously more than anything.

If anyone has any questions about the truck feel free to ask. I am also going to do projector retrofits soon, I have been talking with Matt at TRS and the people at BlackFlameCustoms on how to go with that.