Muffler Inlet/Outlet Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon1994

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am replacing the muffler on my 1994 GMC Yukon. I'm replacing it with a flowmaster. What size inlet/outlet should I get for the best sound. The tail pipe is 3in.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
typically stock size is 2.25-in's and 3.0-out. the pipe size effects more of the throughput more then sound and you don't want to start changing that without the ability to tune the system correctly. doing so can lead to problems if not done right. if just doing a muffler match it to the existing pipes. if you need more then get a cat-back exhaust system that is built to extract more power and is tuned to the vehicle application. there is a lot of options for different flowmaster mufflers alone so look at them all before choosing.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sorry wind some poeple don't notice details like shipping and handling costs or look at the bigger picture. and yeah i bought like those from summit site direct and they got wasted and never used. just welded for free instead when headers were going in. $32 gone for mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n