Mrs. George B gets a new ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Shopping for a new ride for Heidi since everything but my Burb is worn out. Replacing the 02 Envoy with a Traverse or Acadia.

At first we were thinking about this Traverse:

But the options list is too short. When I realized it didn't have an auto-darkening mirror and no home link the deal is off.

She started looking more and found this Acadia:

A little higher on the miles and the price seems high for those miles but she is in love. I guess I will contact the dealer tomorrow.

Last edited:

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carefull, they tend to price there cars high, even with discounts. Also the odometer misreading I notice on a few cars they serviced in the past that I was looking at. Apparently a service advisor couldn't enter in the write numbers.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that is what they say market value is, which is always high. Then the put a big discount on it to look good. This dealership always does this. So you have to research price ahead of time.

I bought a couple vehicles from them, mostly new ones. Plus we take our Yukon there for service.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No that is what they say market value is, which is always high. Then the put a big discount on it to look good. This dealership always does this. So you have to research price ahead of time.

I bought a couple vehicles from them, mostly new ones. Plus we take our Yukon there for service.

That seems to conflict with the KBB numbers. I would think those are closer to market value.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Carefull, they tend to price there cars high, even with discounts. Also the odometer misreading I notice on a few cars they serviced in the past that I was looking at. Apparently a service advisor couldn't enter in the write numbers.

I noticed that immediately. The old mark it up to mark it down trick. Yeah, not falling for it…

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So not having home link or an auto darkening rear view is not a deal breaker. Seems those can be added at a very low cost. The home link parts are available on eBay for around $50.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Regrouping after a tour of looking at some SUVs.
This one was taken off the market by the dealer because they noticed the transmission was not working properly. It’s going to auction. They said they wouldn’t risk their reputation on it. They even had all new brakes and tires on it but noted the trans issue when readying it for my visit. Took it over to service and they called it bad. I like the honesty. It was there in the back corner of the lot with the windo sticker peeled out.

This one had lots of things we didn’t like. Bad brakes that pulsated, loose and rattly interior parts, lacked power and had an engine noise that I noted idling in park, pretty rusty underneath and the body was pretty beat up.