MPG increase help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you do get it figured out, i would look at getting a CAI. It is a rpetty big truck to move around too. but 10 is low

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A scan cable tune from Blackbear would 1) improve your mileage, and 2) let Justin look at your pre-tune data to see if he can help narrow it down. You have to give a couple deposits to him, but in the end it is only like $250 for the tune.

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back form a 2,500 mile trip. I averaged about 16mpg. I was doing 80-85 mph for a great part of it, and maybe 300 miles of around town driving in there too.

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A scan cable tune from Blackbear would 1) improve your mileage, and 2) let Justin look at your pre-tune data to see if he can help narrow it down. You have to give a couple deposits to him, but in the end it is only like $250 for the tune.

Data is power!! I would data log it to see what everything is reading. Check timing, fuel trims, spark, etc.

10 is way too low, even if you had your foot smashed to the floor every time you got in

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess something in the fuel system. Maybe a clogged filter (if these even have one).

OP
OP
D

dabeech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fuel filter is in the gas tank. Cleaned the TB and MAF this weekend. So we will see what happends. Running Lucas fuel injector cleaner thru the tank too.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali (6.2) sucks up gas... going by the trip mileage and how much I put in at the pump I'm averaging 10mpg at best. I stopped gassing it unless necessary, accelerating slower, etc but not much better. Should I use Premium or Regular?

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a 6.2 like my Tahoe or an Escalade, you should never use less than mid-grade or 89. Tune it and it'll help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie Leider