Most often stolen SUVs and trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Man, I thought drug dealers would do a better job keeping their transportation safe from thieves. Anyone hazard to guess which vehicle on that Top 10 list I'm referring to? :evillol:

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all have their problems and it really comes down to maintenance in most cases. The only real downfall with the GM 3/4 ton and one tons are the super weak front ends and the allison is a joke unless you plan on leaving it stock.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Thats just an ignorant comment that shows you don't know what you are talking about

Puleeez, trash talkin' started with you. Super Duty problems are so well documented, I won't take the time to embarrass you here. I've got years of experience with most trucks in a fleet situation where everything is maintained by the book, so backpedaling with the "it really comes down to maintenance in most cases" excuse just won't cut it. Ford diesels have been far and aware the least reliable types of trucks we've had. Gas trucks are a different story. HD's are all Dodge/Cummins now, and all 1/2 tons are F150's.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked every manufacturer, year, etc. has their problems with their diesels so you both sound a bit "biased".

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, just experienced. Fords rank dead last in repairs per vehicle, GM second, and Dodge is right now on top. This includes all major repairs where the truck is out of service for more than 24 hours, not just the motor. This changed last year when GM slipped to #2. I've been here 6 years, and for diesel/HD trucks, Ford has never been the most reliable. For 1/2 ton extended cab 2WD trucks which are the most common we have, the F150 has been best followed by GM. We have over 250 fleet vehicles. I don't argue the numbers, I just report them.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you are basing that on specific years or since a certain year? Like I said it depends on the years you are discussing but I would be interested to see this chart that shows this.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy that handles the trucks directly sends out reports on all the trucks stops (landmarks), idle alerts, odd hour alerts, speeding, service due, fuel report etc. Most trucks are 1-3 years old max so I'd say that's '04 or '05 through 2013's. Gas trucks usually get "retired" around 100K miles, diesels at 200K. I haven't seen an actual repair spread sheet, but I'll ask.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious as I just hear about the problems with specific years not a full report for several years.

OP
OP
S

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford diesels have been far and aware the least reliable types of trucks we've had.

Correct, in a way. The 6.0L is what ruined Ford's reputation in diesels. People nationwide have spent a small fortune repairing Ford 6.0L diesels. Many 6.0L engines have been replaced under warranty, the replacements being no better than the original engines! When I bought my Excursion I am glad I opted for the V-10.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, in a way. The 6.0L is what ruined Ford's reputation in diesels. People nationwide have spent a small fortune repairing Ford 6.0L diesels. Many 6.0L engines have been replaced under warranty, the replacements being no better than the original engines! When I bought my Excursion I am glad I opted for the V-10.

+1. We had a guy trade in a 6.0L powerstroke (90k mi IIRC) on a new d-max sierra and none of our wholesalers wanted it (at any price, said it wasn't worth the headache). We finally found a buyer for it (the guy that buys most of the "boat anchor" trade-ins we get).

mfdrookie516

Reaction score
I hate a ford... for many reasons. The 6.0 is a joke. Hard to beat an old 7.3 though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10