molding removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahumps32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
goo-gone and fishing line. with a lot of elbow grease

JB11

Reaction score
heat gun or hair dryer to get it off, then 3M GENERAL PURPOSE ADHESIVE REMOVER for the glue, followed up by meguires cleaner wax

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a hair dryer, TSP/water mix, then a 3M stripe off wheel, then cleaner wax, and it looks awesome now.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't use anything on mine. let it sit out in the sun on a 100 degree day, pulled the moulding right off, then just used my thumb and pressure to roll off the glue. good wash/wax looked like it never had mouldings.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't use anything on mine. let it sit out in the sun on a 100 degree day, pulled the moulding right off, then just used my thumb and pressure to roll off the glue. good wash/wax looked like it never had mouldings.

I second that, it was a lot of work though and ended up with a few blisters.

OP
OP
T

texasmade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the ideas ppl ya ive been looking at the yukons/tahoes with out the moldings and it looks alot better..

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the molding around the wheel wells? Ive been wanting to take it off but I dont know what it looks like or how its attached. Is it just glued on there? Do you have any pictures of a tahoe with the molding taken off? Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n