Mode actuator won't stop cycling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VALBOLSKI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a new mode and blend door actuator on my 2000 Tahoe LT. I pulled the negative battery cable for a few minutes, put it back on, turned the key to run position to recalibrate. The blend actuator works fine, the mode actuator won't stop cycling. It blows air thought the vents, floor, then to defrost, then starts all over again. it won't stop cycling. If anyone can help me out with this issue, it will be greatly appreciated.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I installed a new mode and blend door actuator on my 2000 Tahoe LT. I pulled the negative battery cable for a few minutes, put it back on, turned the key to run position to recalibrate. The blend actuator works fine, the mode actuator won't stop cycling. It blows air thought the vents, floor, then to defrost, then starts all over again. it won't stop cycling. If anyone can help me out with this issue, it will be greatly appreciated.

Try this :

Turn the temp controls all the way down. Turn each thing off, the turn the whole module off.

Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 minutes.

Touch the negative cable to the positive post for a few seconds.

Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.

Start the truck and don't touch anything for 15 minutes.

OP
OP
VALBOLSKI

VALBOLSKI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe has the computer controlled system. Will it damage anything else by touching the negative cable to the positive?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My Tahoe has the computer controlled system. Will it damage anything else by touching the negative cable to the positive?

No. It will just short the internal system to purge residual voltage.

Just to clarify, you will touch the DISCONNECTED negative cable to the connected positive terminal.
DO NOT JUMP THE BATTERY TERMINALS TOGETHER .

D -money

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try this :

Turn the temp controls all the way down. Turn each thing off, the turn the whole module off.

Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 minutes.

Touch the negative cable to the positive post for a few seconds.

Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.

Start the truck and don't touch anything for 15 minutes.

This sounds like a really bad idea
Do you have any oem tid to support technique
Cheers

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
This sounds like a really bad idea
Do you have any oem tid to support technique
Cheers

This is common practice to drain voltage from a system. Again, THIS IS DONE WITH THE NEGATIVE CABLE WHILE DISCONNECTED. YOU ARE NOT JUMPING THE BATTERY TERMINALS. Unless, of course, a light show with ill effects is what you're after.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
You can also Google a few other variations of this reset procedure. Some include removing the fuse, pressing the auto button before turning it off, opening and closing the door at the end, or turning the truck off for more than 10 but less than 30 seconds and restarting, etc.

OP
OP
VALBOLSKI

VALBOLSKI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is common practice to drain voltage from a system. Again, THIS IS DONE WITH THE NEGATIVE CABLE WHILE DISCONNECTED. YOU ARE NOT JUMPING THE BATTERY TERMINALS. Unless, of course, a light show with ill effects is what you're after.
ok, lets see if I got this straight. So your saying remove the negative battery cable and the positive cable from the battery, then touch them together? Or remove the negative cable and touch it to the positive cable while the positive is still hooked up to the battery?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
ok, lets see if I got this straight. So your saying remove the negative battery cable and the positive cable from the battery, then touch them together? Or remove the negative cable and touch it to the positive cable while the positive is still hooked up to the battery?

Either way, but I usually leave the positive connected. Also, my 15 minutes are probably very generous and I'm intrigued by one I saw that said turn the truck off for more than 10 but less than 30 seconds and open and close the door. Let us know what all you try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14