Mirror Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlos Tameles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to know if I can swap out the 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ side mirrors with the 2008 base model Tahoe? with out cutting any wires or will it be an plug and play type of setup?

Thanks for the help

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to know if I can swap out the 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ side mirrors with the 2008 base model Tahoe? with out cutting any wires or will it be an plug and play type of setup?

Thanks for the help
posted in the wrong section so make sure you double check your posting in the correct year section for more responses. however looking at the various mirrors for your year base model version has a 10 prong plug that only 4 or 5 prongs are used. the premium mirror haa the same 10 prong plug plus a second plug for additional features. so yes you should be able to do a direct swap. however i highly suggest some dielectric grease in the unused plug and wrap it up as much as needed. that way you have little chance of water getting in the plug and keeps it in good shape incase you want to swap back. lastly is there a particular reason you want to downgrade your mirrors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny