Max Tire size 2006 size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

energizedtech

Reaction score
Fun question

2006 Suburban 2500 has LT 245/75/R16 - Happy with them. I have some Winters which are LT 235/85/R16 (so pinch skinnier and taller)

Anybody know the max size Tire that could go on a Suburban before I have to change rims

*and then for fun*

What's the biggest rim/tire combo you can toss on these before trying to boost the height?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

Askold_JB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2006 LT Tahoe has 33 inch Goodrich BF MT
But I changed torsion keys at the front and installed Z71 coils at the rear before (I suggest this was not necessary to fit these tires). Even 33" wheels do not looks big enough for this car.

As for 35" - I think body lift must be done first.

Attachments

• IMG-20200918-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20200918-WA0028.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094