Market Value of 05-06 Yukon XLT/Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That being said, what are your thoughts on a 5.3/6.0L vs a Chrysler Aspen 5.7 hemi? The reason I'm asking is because they're all in the same price range. Do any of you have any experience with pre-bailout Chryslers?
If anything goes wrong with the 5.3/6.0, even if you need another motor, won't be too bad, but if something happens with the hemi, or even if you'll need to replace that hemi, it'll cost you 2 arms and a leg! I'm in NJ, and junkyard prices on hemis are insane in the tri state area. I'd stick with GM imo.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4-5k seems to be about the going rate where i live with that kind of milleage. 106k is considered pretty low for these generation trucks.

OP
OP
MartyMcFLy

MartyMcFLy

Reaction score
The Differences for the Denali would be a 6.0 vs the 5.3, Full time AWD (which will lose about 1-2mpg), but its AWD, and without knowing where you live, just that your vehicles have rust on em not sure how important that is to you… The Denali is leather, with an exterior body kit and upgraded trim. The Denali should have a better stereo than the other ones (if you're an aftermarket stereo kind of person, that probably won't matter). I would ask yourself if that is all worth it to you. Were you in the market for one, or is this doing your friend a favor? Is your friend moving out of the country unexpectedly, or is this something they knew was eventually coming, (as in, did they plan on keeping this thing for a while, and forced to sell it maybe moving because of a family emergency, or did they know they would only have this for several years or so such as with a military move)? Do you know the maintenance history of it? Does it need anything?

To be honest, the things you listed are kind of important to me if I’m going to stick with an SUV like this. I was sort of doing my friend a favor, but I really do need a daily because my car is super unreliable and I’m looking to get rid of it.

My friend was intending on keeping the vehicle, but he’s retired and moving halfway around the world.

This vehicle was sort of “in the family” because his brother in law was the original owner and he bought it from him about 5 years ago. He barely put 30k miles on it. From what it seems, it looks like he took care of it. No leaks or weird noises. It rides fine. It’s just not cosmetically the best. I live up north in the rust belt, so it has seen a few winters, although I think it’s originally a southern vehicle.

Gatorpro13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go with the $5k 06’. I had. 05’ 180k+ and never had a major issue. I currently have an 04’ with 280k miles on it and it still runs strong.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gas mileage is better when leaving Big Bear, verses going there...;)
( I used to live in Newport Beach)
I don't know what state the buyer lives in, but those prices seem quite nice to me......

I bought my Yukon XL SLT earlier this year with 140,000 miles... Beautifully maintained - absolutely flawless . For about $9,000..... and I am happy. ( friend bought it at auction.... It was a GMC dealer trade in.)

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me sart off by answering your question about do I think something is wrong with a 12 year old vehicle with over 100k miles. HECK YEAH there is stuff wrong with it LOL. The big question is what exactly is wrong with it. I would not pay that much for it but 5K sounds about right for an average market price. I would try to allow enough cash in the deal to change all the fluids Coolant/Brake fluid/Differentials/Transfer case/power steering fluid/Transmission fluid to make sure you get another 100k fairly trouble free miles. Do you think your ole buddy would do you a solid and have all that done for you before you pick it up and still keep the price at 5k?

OP
OP
MartyMcFLy

MartyMcFLy

Reaction score
Let me sart off by answering your question about do I think something is wrong with a 12 year old vehicle with over 100k miles. HECK YEAH there is stuff wrong with it LOL. The big question is what exactly is wrong with it. I would not pay that much for it but 5K sounds about right for an average market price. I would try to allow enough cash in the deal to change all the fluids Coolant/Brake fluid/Differentials/Transfer case/power steering fluid/Transmission fluid to make sure you get another 100k fairly trouble free miles. Do you think your ole buddy would do you a solid and have all that done for you before you pick it up and still keep the price at 5k?

We pretty much agreed on 5k and I'm currently driving it. It is in very good condition mechanically and even aesthetically. Sure, there are small chips and scratches but nothing major. With a buff and polish with some touch up paint, I can make it look near-new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907