MAP senor weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice. I was being proactive and replaced the O2 sensors and the MAP sensor today. 2008 Denali, 183k.

After install of new GM MAP sensor, the truck kind of ran rough on start up, but I figured it would smooth out. The truck ran well going down the road, but anytime I leaned into the throttle above just breathing on it, I would get a SERVICE STABILITRACK & TRACTION CONTROL OFF. It was completely repeatable with throttle input. Ease off on the gas and lights would clear and truck would run normal. (I experienced what I would call some sort of derate once the lights came on). The truck pulls fine if you keep in the gas, but the light always came on.

I put in the original that was working fine, and the problem went away. The only thing I didn't do was disconnect the battery to reset the ECM. I'm not sure if this is a necessary step, or if I got a crappy part.

I may try the battery disconnect tomorrow, but just wanted to see what your thoughts were. Thanks!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't forget the lower Baro map sensor
make sure it matches with KeyON with engine off

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the MAP sensor would be calibrate-able..
If it's the right part number... I'm guessing bad part?

OP
OP
B

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just looked it up. Per the GM number it's for a 2001-05 6.6L duramax. So much for the Amazon vehicle filter. I then Googled the part number on the sensor itself and came up with many generic options that listed the same fitment.

I'm definitely frustrated with Chinese knock-off parts. It's hard to know what you're getting these days. At least the OEM one works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe