Manual switch for efans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06XLDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
06 Denali XL with electric fans.

When driving on beach (50° day). 20-40mph for about 12 miles at a time. I keep it in 2nd gear and truck cruises fine, no real struggle. After about 15 20min trans temps are pushing 225°.. before doing anything extreme I wanted to see if manually engaging the efans will help lower trans temps. Also read that engaging tow mode lowers fan turn on temp. Can anyone confirm that?

Has anyone wired up manual switch for fans? If so what's the most straightforward way of doing this? TIA for help

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd think you'd just have to get power to the relay for the fans to make em kick on.

or add a external trans cooler. can even put a inline t stat and a fan on them.

OP
OP

06XLDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'd think you'd just have to get power to the relay for the fans to make em kick on.

or add a external trans cooler. can even put a inline t stat and a fan on them.
It has the factory cooler which is pretty small but its still something. I did a little reading and you can force the high speed fan by engaging the A/C so I can give that a try. Rigging up a small fan on the cooler would be a pretty simple test too. I might give it a shot. This setup looks interesting. Screenshot_20220216-003554_YouTube.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-020316_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-020316_Chrome.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory trans coolers also get plugged up sometimes. A bigger trans cooler would likely solve your issue. I *intend* to replace the trans coolers on all my trucks, though I've never actually gotten around to it..... Too many higher priority tasks keeping the fleet running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar