MAF Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
My truck was pushing a few MAF codes... I am not overly educated on what goes wrong with a MAF and if it is fixable. should I just go ahead and buy a new one?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hadn't touched the MAF when the codes came up, I'd go to a parts store and pick up a can of MAF spray and clean out the MAF real well!! Just spray the stuff all over the inside of it, being very careful to not touch any of the wires, and let it all air dry (don't use compressed air, it will dry on its own!). Also, be sure to disconnect the electrical plug for the maf while doing this! Do that and see if you maf errors disappear before going out and buying a new one!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a stupid question. Mass Air Flow sensor.:waytogo:

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

If you hadn't touched the MAF when the codes came up, I'd go to a parts store and pick up a can of MAF spray and clean out the MAF real well!! Just spray the stuff all over the inside of it, being very careful to not touch any of the wires, and let it all air dry (don't use compressed air, it will dry on its own!). Also, be sure to disconnect the electrical plug for the maf while doing this! Do that and see if you maf errors disappear before going out and buying a new one!

I second this motion.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mass Air Flow, it's a very important sensor thats located just after your air filter! Very important and very fragile!

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Never mind, looks like I took too long to answer that!! lol

Bryguy1822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1 on the MAF spray and adding a cleaning to your intake cone, air filter, or replace if standard and not aftermarket. I had the MAF code a few weeks ago and this cleared it all up.

Ricker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same problem and just cleaned with MAF cleaner and let it air dry. Problem SOLVED! :rockit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWinstel79