Lug nuts that last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I tried searching and haven’t come up with anything really. Seems like every spring I buy a new set of lug nuts because no matter if I buy black,chrome or blue the finish comes right off when ur mount the lugs on the Tahoe.... anyone running a good brand of lug nuts? Hoping to find a set under $100 that will last a few years. If not I’ll just keep buying $20 set everyone spring lol

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried searching and haven’t come up with anything really. Seems like every spring I buy a new set of lug nuts because no matter if I buy black,chrome or blue the finish comes right off when ur mount the lugs on the Tahoe.... anyone running a good brand of lug nuts? Hoping to find a set under $100 that will last a few years. If not I’ll just keep buying $20 set everyone spring lol
I can’t say that I’ve ever had an issue with the chrome coming off of mine. The ones on my 2013 have 106K miles on them and look fine and tires get rotated every 7K to 8K miles.

The ones on my 2007 had 180K on them before I put new rims on that came with special billet lug nuts. The new ones lasted another 150K over two different vehicles and looked fine when I traded for my 2013.

Wonder if Michigan puts some goofy stuff in their roadsalt that likes to eat them up like the Magnesium Chloride that Colorado uses.

OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I can’t say that I’ve ever had an issue with the chrome coming off of mine. The ones on my 2013 have 106K miles on them and look fine and tires get rotated every 7K to 8K miles.

The ones on my 2007 had 180K on them before I put new rims on that came with special billet lug nuts. The new ones lasted another 150K over two different vehicles and looked fine when I traded for my 2013.

Wonder if Michigan puts some goofy stuff in their roadsalt that likes to eat them up like the Magnesium Chloride that Colorado uses.

C2195C81-D6AB-43E2-BF31-C1113EB7CBEA.jpeg 3E587B18-1833-4E28-ADF6-D09ABB4613C0.jpeg
I got after market wheels n lugs. I don’t have stock lugs

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was gonna suggest proper sockets, after reading your 1st post.
as i use Gorilla lugs on last 3 vehicles & never had an issue over the years.

....then i saw your pics....DAMN what is MI putting on your roads? :anitoof:

supposedly -- McGard spline drive lug nuts have a lifetime warranty on rust. (or used too)
might put them to the test ;)

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with oem. I just bought black from eBay for my truck and they already show signs of rust.. chrome for my last truck lasted about a month. Then the rust came through.
only ones that ever lasted for me were aluminum. Probably cheap aluminum But I wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy. I almost lost a wheel on the highway twice! And my wife (gf at the time) had the same problem. Her lugs kept backing off no matter how hard you torqued them.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gorilla lugs that came with my rims for the tahoe had were just starting to look like that after 3 seasons or so. i dont use an impact on them ever and atleast twice a year when i take the rims off for either a tire rotation or brake job i clean and polish the lugs. the gorillas on my civic still look brand new probably for the same reason. ive only had those for 1 season tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14