LTZ Plowing Snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which plow do you have on yours ?

Its a snowdogg md75 very light weight made for 1/2 ton trucks. I have a RC 2" level on the the truck and it squats to about stock height when i lift the plow. With 285/70/17s i have no rub with plow up and driving foward/reverse, full lock to full lock in 2wd 4wd auto/hi/low. There are 'suspension enhancement' bump stops called timbrens that will pretty much eliminate any squat when you raise the plow, i didnt purchase them yet and yes, they are that good. I originally installed the plow on my '01 hoe (cranked the torsion bars and installed timbrens on that, no squat whatsoever) and when i bought the '13 i needed a new truck side mount and light harness adapters for the headlites, I found used mount and new adapters on ebay for about $220. I mounted it myself, mostly because i think an installer would not have been all that patient/in a rush to get it done, and would have hacked up the bumper to no end, i took my time and cut it (and removed installed 9000x to make sure it was right) so that if i ever removed the plow you could barley tell (i also kept the pieces and if i really wanted to i could prob get away with putting them back in, somewhat) and with a new lower valence panel i could pretty much hide the 'slits' where the plow mount comes through the cover. Those 'slits' are about a 1/2" x 1.5" on both sides of the lower bumper cover almost directly under the tow hooks. The bottom valence is hacked to shit but i dont care about that, the bumper annoyed me but what can ya do.