LS vs LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sserven

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post. The wife and I are looking for a new 2021 tahoe and are wondering what the major differences are between the LS and LT trim. What I've noticed so far is the LS doesn't have the following: no power lift gate, no 2nd row buckets, no heated seats or steering wheel, no power folding rear seats. Am I missing anything else major?

We are thinking of ordering one since we want the 3.0 duramax and they are hard to find right now especially with the electronic shortages. There's quite a jump in price from the LS to the LT. Without any close by to compare side by side I thought I'd ask here first about the difference between the two trims. I've looked through the comparison tool on the Chevy website and compared the two trims but there are a lot of options to look through and I'm sure I've missed something.

Thanks
Sam

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot help you directly with your question, but there are folks on this Forum who have done research on the '21s, and they will chime in.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LS vs. LT .......I was thinking this was going to be about engines

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like to tinker and add in options then get the LT. The LS does NOT come with the memory module and a bunch of the harnesses that will allow you to add in options down the road like heated seats, power fold mirrors, adjustable peddles, etc. The LS is base and comes with the basics (Which for us old timers is pretty much all you need) but those extra options that you "should have gotten" are a lot harder to add in on an LS vs the LT

I don't have the new platform but the same scenario happened in my GMT900 Avalanche (LS) and my 17 burb. Have to assume its the same for the latest version. Why did I buy an LS you ask? I sit with my knees apart and there wasn't one LT on the east coast with a front bench when I went looking so I went LS to get the front bench.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Before buying a new 2021 you might want to read about the problems of the first year of the new model. Some threads here about problems and on member found over 300 TSB's listed already. Lots of members suggest waiting for the 2022's to come out and I also read that the orders for those may be starting in July.

Leon00000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LS also does not have leather seat, no 360 camera. And it only has 6 speakers.
However you get 9 seater option in LS

LeonTexas

Reaction score
I recommend the LT. The LS doesn’t have the 360 cameras. (Trust me, they’re useful being a huge vehicle) Also, just remember being the first model year re-design its going have a few issues, mainly recalls.(the dealer takes care of it, but it gets annoying tbh) I would wait it out a few more months until they sort out all the bugs and minor issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zrjo