lq9 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are the same injectors. Only 8.1 and flex fuel are different. Same intake manifold as well.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

02chevyhoe

Reaction score
I have a 02 5.3 flex fuel. What would I need to go to I install a 6.0? Just install my flex intake and injectors on the 6.0?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, recommended that you use your 5.3 intake and injectors.

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on doing the exact same thing.... Just curious since the intake has is the discussion here... No one makes an aftermarket one that flows better for our Hoes??? Ive looked around but I havent found anything out there... Also if I under stand this correctly my intake is what makes my vehicle FLEX capable.... interesting!!! yet good to know!!!

Thanks!!!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not just intake, the injectors, alcohol sensor, and fuel pump. However injectors from a smaller engine are not large enough for a 6l with e85.

Also depends on what vehicle you have.

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not just intake, the injectors, alcohol sensor, and fuel pump. However injectors from a smaller engine are not large enough for a 6l with e85.

Also depends on what vehicle you have.

Is it possible to do the swap and keep FLEX??? Also, is it possible to buy a newer 6L w/ active fuel mgt and have it programed for my vehicle???? Currently have an 03 5.3 W/ Flex

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes it is possible to keep flex fuel with the swap. Go to bigger injectors. It is not possible to run active fuel management without piggybacked computers. Lots of work.

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is possible to keep flex fuel with the swap. Go to bigger injectors. It is not possible to run active fuel management without piggybacked computers. Lots of work.

So should I keep the stock 5.3 intake and run the 6.0 injectors??? sorry to ask so many questions. And thank you so much for your help!!!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nope, flex fuel injectors are larger than 6.0L injectors, but are not big enough to run a 6.0L on E85.

Could get fuel injectors off of a flex fuel 6.2L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kidtahoe