1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowering 2013 PPV Tahoe

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by SleepThe5th, May 15, 2020.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. SleepThe5th

SleepThe5th TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jacob
    Was wondering if anyone had any input on the best route to go for lowering my tahoe. It’s a 2013 PPV, and it comes lower than usual and I’m putting OEM 22” wheels on it. I want to lower the rear end to match the front. Maybe lower the front a tad, not much at all if so. I know Belltech makes the 2/4 drop kit but I don’t think I need to drop the front 2 inches. Any ideas?

5566F28A-B07D-4C48-9411-A5FD8C264258.jpeg

2. Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller Full Access Member

Name:
    Cherokee
    Well the 2/4 drop is new struts and springs right? So its gonna drop the front a tad since you're getting rid of the ppv springs

3. LRob

LRob Member

Name:
    Lindsay
    If I were you, i'd put on the 22s first with stock tire, then look at your fender gaps and do some measurements. From what I understand, the smaller tire of the PPV (265-60-17) drops the truck about an inch, and the back is about an inch lower with the suspension. The front is stock height just like the LS/LT/LTZ tahoes, from what i understand. The combo of the tires and shorter springs in the back is what lower the truck.

kbuskill likes this.
  4. massivespl

massivespl I'm not mean, I'm honest.

Name:
    Nate
    I would 2”-3” rear drop to level it out and then be done with it.. :2cents:

SleepThe5th likes this.
  5. SleepThe5th

SleepThe5th TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jacob
    That's what I am considering, I am waiting on my wheels to get powdercoated and tires and I'm going to see how it fits first..then decide