Lowered question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you guys how are dropped.... got a question for ya. I just dropped my hoe a couple of weeks ago and as I was doing it, this came to thought.

The rear springs are MUCH shorter than the stock ones. The stock was were held snug in place and didn't move even when the hoe was lifted up on the jack. The new ones are so short, that when the hoe is lifted on a jack, the spring is just kinda sitting there. When I installed them, we had to lower it down slowly and I was manuvering the spring to make sure it was sitting correctly.

Now that I have said that...this is where my question comes in to play. For those of you how take you hoe to get oil changed or other work done where it is lifted up, how do you handle that. Do you go out there when they are lowering it from the lift and make sure the springs are sitting in correct spot? I know you could tell the person at the shop to do this... but I think they could really care less and would just lower it down and where ever the spring happened to be, there is where it would be.

Well enough rambling... hopefully this makes sense and some others could provide there there experience or input.

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hi
did you install any shock ext or shorter shocks. if you did these limit the travel of the rear end so the coils dont fall out of the pocket.
thank you itm

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thats weird, i'm ropped 2.5/3.25 on Pedders and the coils sit real hard/proper in there when jacked up.
But I also have shock ext., the Pedders kit is designed well an not only to drop the car some crazy amount. My Pedders coils are close to the same height with the stock ones, hen compress under loa so it doesn't have this issue.

OP
OP
turboeclips

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi
did you install any shock ext or shorter shocks. if you did these limit the travel of the rear end so the coils dont fall out of the pocket.
thank you itm

Yes, I installed the shock extenders on there. I haven't jacked it back up, since I installed the kit, so it could be that after I dropped it, the shocks adjusted themselves to the shorter springs. I know that the springs will not fall out when I am driving because of weight of truck.

Maybe I will jack up the rear one of these days and see I am just not imagining things.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
If they have to lift it... tell them to lift it from the tires only? Or Jiffy Lube, no lift... just an oil change and no lift needed.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
This was a major concern of mine when I installed some 5" djm springs

IMG_0177.jpg

After installing I drove a few blocks and absolutely hated the ride quality compared to my belltech 5" springs. I think the djms may have dropped it another 1/2" but wasn't worth it :imo: I pulled my coil isolators and stuffed my progressive rate belltechs back in place with airlift helper bags.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thats one of th reasons why I didn;t do DJM, I keep seeing complaint online about the way they ride compared to stock. But then again all the companies have negative reviews except Pedders:Handshake:

Also Turbo the coil of Maxs' on the left is the stock one, Blettech coils are ggrey.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
My belltechs are only a few inches shorter than the stockers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot