Loud clunking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every so often when I cut the wheel hard while parking I hear this horrible clunking sound which sounds like its coming from the front end. Happens every so often and when I try to replicate it to narrow it down of course it doesn't happen. Any suggestions? 2017 Eacalade with 10k miles.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
motor mount, sway bar end links or bushing, shocks, tie rods, ball joint, control arm. probably a good idea to get under the truck with a flashlight and take a look at what is going on before it gets worse.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked and personally do not see anything wrong.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have someone else crank the steering wheel back and forth while you were looking, with the vehicle on the ground?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re not comfortable under a running truck take a pry bar or big screwdriver and wiggle anywhere you see 2 pieces of the front end coming together. Does it sound like the right or left side? Also doesn’t hurt to check simple stuff like lug nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts