Looking to build system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am looking into building a really clean/loud stereo in my 2002 yukon.

I am wanting to run 10s, number of 10s im not to sure

My goal is to have a really loud clean system, something with alot of bump, but you can really feel the music and hear everything other then bass.

The idea I have so far:

This is what I would like to run for power and wiring, 200amp alt, 300amp sounds stream batt cell, 0awg power/ground, knukoncept rca's and mostly all wiring.

The amps that I would like to run for the price and performance factor are Hifonics amps. But I am stuck on how many amps I want to run due to how many speakers and subs I want to run. I have the zxi-440 and the bxi-20100 now.

So what I have been looking into for subs are the PPI PCX104 10" dual 4ohm dvc subs, was thinking maybe 4 of them, great price, decent sub. I have heard that they are a good sub but never heard one before. I was also thinking the Diamond Audio D310D4.2, I have the 12"s and the actually sounds pretty decent and hit loud, but not all the notes... So on that not what do you guys think would be a great sounding 10? can still hit the lows, hit the highs ? looking for a sub(s) that can perform alround.

For speakers in the door, I am running Diamond Audio 6" components, they sounds surprisnly good for the price of them. But I am still wanting more. I wouldnt mind running 4 good mid drivers even though I may not hear the mid driver over the subs all that well, but still want something really good in the doors. Also the 1" tweaters, and maybe something like 4 2 1/2 2 ways as well.

I havent found a good deck that I want to run either, been out the audio game for a while and dont really know what is good any more.. I know pioneer is pretty good deck allround.

I am trying to stay away from alpine/pioneer(other then decks), JL, Kicker, and all those really common name brands. Looking to be different.

So if anyone has any ideas let me know! Trying to figure out something without breaking the good ol bank account (i know it wont be cheap)

Thanks in advance.

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
You looked into the Hifonics Brutus 10" sub? 1000 watts at 4 ohms......Before i got the L7's I was gonna get the Hifonics God Subs. But i have the same amp setup. Puttin mine in as we speak. Not all in one day, just building and adding here and there.....

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill have to look into them. How are you liking the amps? I only have the 4 chan set up and love how well it sounds. The mono block is still sitting in the box.

txsmainevent

"The Lurker"
Reaction score
just bought the 4 chan and working on puttin it all in. i had the brutus amp on 4 kicker cvr 15's in a 94 caprice. shit was so loud it was makin the front fenders shake. personally i hate dynomat so it was hittin and rattleing. i bought the zeus becuz of the brutus. i wont buy another amp other than hifonics.....u wont be disappointed, especially for the price and the quality....

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect, thats what I want to hear. I got the amps off my buddy, he didnt use them cuz he ened up buying 1 huge hifonics 4 chan amp, silver color amp that is retardedly huge. then he had the matching mono block amp that again was retardly huge.... he had that thing hooked up to a RE *** 18" and wow is all i got to say...

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 3 infinity perfect 10's running off of a soundstream class a 5.2 in a 1.9 cf sealed enclosure and it hit like nobody's business. I was in to sound Q, not SPL though.

OP
OP
S

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I am after is the SQ, but I also want the SPL on command.. Thats why Im routine 10"s... Just trying to find some 10s that i would be happy with, and same with the components...

Suggestions anyone..?

dub6chevyboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
post some pics up,i would like to see everything as it comes along.i know how much of a pain in the butt it is to make a system your happy with,so im wishing you the best of luck with finding the right components that will run smooth together.:ehcapt:

Tahoejoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ran a Hifonics Collosus in my truck for some time and they are a good choice in amplifier. Careful with your electrical because the power supplies for Hifonics tend to be current hungry. If you run 2 amps you will want to replace your battery with one better suited for a beating. (Big Yellow-Top or Kinetic)

The Hifonic brand took a rough dip for a few years so if you buy a new amp stick with the BRZ Brutus models. The rail application they used is much more efficient in that amp model. (cleaner power)

If you build you enclosure right you can get away with just one 10" or 12" sub. Look into building a Transmission Line enclosure and I promise you, you will not be disappointed. (plus the box top is flat so you can still lay stuff on top)

Sub - 3 suggestions from my actual ownership
If you want a sub off the beaten path that is flat out nasty look up DC Sound Lab. Just send a request off the site instead of looking into a dealer, the owner still answers email and he is a talented dude. If you like the SQ stick with Level III subs. If your looking to tear yourself up on command lvl 4 & 5 will both do the trick.
Another nice choice would be an Fi audio "Q" sub. Made for SQ quality but give it some power and it will bang hard.
If you are a quality nut look up Sundown Audio. I use other equipment in my comp truck now but hands down the BEST amps. (No BS, I miss them now) and great subs. The SA or Z series sub will be more than enough to satisfy. If you want to be able to pull crazy SPL numbers when you want to crank it go for the Nightshade but they are pretty pricey.

Hope this helps.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
first you need to determine how much room you want to use, and do you want sealed or ported. Ported will be peakier around the tuning but will require more space on enclosure. Me, I'd run three sealed 10's firing towards the rear tailgate, and keep the space in the back for what an SUV was intended for :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK