Looking for help ideals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emt675

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My grandfather sold me his 1999 Yukon it was his daily driver, until about 10 years ago. It has 104,000 miles, 4x4 and normal wear and tear. It starts and runs, 4x4 will not shift, other then that, replaced hoses and radiator cap. I'm wanting to update and change somethinfs and replace old parts. Any ideals on what I can do...I want to eventually rebuild it and make it my daily..anything help is greatly appreciated!
123_1.jpeg

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My grandfather sold me his 1999 Yukon it was his daily driver, until about 10 years ago. It has 104,000 miles, 4x4 and normal wear and tear. It starts and runs, 4x4 will not shift, other then that, replaced hoses and radiator cap. I'm wanting to update and change somethinfs and replace old parts. Any ideals on what I can do...I want to eventually rebuild it and make it my daily..anything help is greatly appreciated!
View attachment 352341
Hi and welcome to the forum from
New Zealand
You're on the right forum for ideas for your truck and there a lots of guys doing the same as you.
Have a look around and read a few of the guys build threads and you'll find what you're looking for.
Nice looking old beast!

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig! I bet the 4x4 shifting is probably something relatively minor with an actuator or shift linkage. Be sure to post your progress.
Yep,that's what I was thinking too
I read somewhere that if it has not been used in 4x4 for an extended time the electric servos stop working. I'd look into that.

Donf

Reaction score
Congrats, looks nice.
You are fortunate in that you can query your grandfather about maintenance history.
Besides the coolant, which looks like you may have already changed, I would change out the brake, PS, and drive train fluids now.
Also, if the GD did not replace/update the fuel injectors, this would be a good time to do so, if they haven't failed, they will soon. At the same time, plugs, wires and cap/rotor, cleaning the throttle body at the same time and she'll almost run like new.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a factory service manual pdf from ebay or search for a free one. Will save alot of headaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy