Looking for better ride quality.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBRUCE312

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't find my wife's 12 Denali rides very well. She swears it rides better than my Sierra but idk. It has air ride and all that but I find it still sucks on the interstate. We have very rough roads around here and the wife has severe neck problems from a wreck. Has anyone found a softer, more comfortable riding suspension setup? I'd really like to lower it to feel less top heavy feel better taking curves but only if the ride doesn't get worse.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
You need to get the suspension checked out, sounds like you may have problems, these suvs have an awesome ride at least mine does.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your 2012? Have you had any of the OEM suspension inspected lately? It’s common knowledge with these rigs that the air bladders on the OEM shocks blow and leak. Eventually the compressor will burn itself out trying to keep the bladders inflated while they leak out. It is also know that the front electronically dampened front shocks get pretty stiff as they wear out. That’s what mine did.

OP
OP
TBRUCE312

TBRUCE312

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did inspect them. I replaced the pump and bags right after I got it. They were busted and this was about 2 years ago. The front struts aren't leaking but I have been thinking about changing them due to it having 80k miles on it. Figured they might just be too worn.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did inspect them. I replaced the pump and bags right after I got it. They were busted and this was about 2 years ago. The front struts aren't leaking but I have been thinking about changing them due to it having 80k miles on it. Figured they might just be too worn.
80k and eight years old isn’t a ton of miles for shocks. It could be time to replace front shocks.
I’ve you have already replaced the rears, I’d say it could be an issue in the front steering components. I’m not an expert by any means, but I’ve read a lot about ball joints, tie rods, and sway bar components causing rough ride issues when they start to wear out.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but what size rims and tires are on it? They play a big part on how any vehicle rides and drives.

73Vetteman

Reaction score
Not a stupid question at all. Stock 18" ride best, stock 20" next, 22" most harsh.
My wife also has a neck injury so I changed out my 2015 dump truck like trailer option rear springs for Belltech 4" drop springs with a 2" spacer. It gave me a level look with a great soft ride. I had to change them to change them later when I started pulling my car trailer to Belltech 2" drop springs. Not as nice of ride but they handle my trailer fine. Either way it dropped the rear 2" for a level look .
The auto level sensor rod has to be shortened to compensate for the change. Search my older post on how to do that.

PS I still have the 4" Belltech springs and spacers. if you want a super ride I can sell them reasonable. I think they are the smoothest riding of all springs.

badbrad10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2015 PPV Tahoe with 120,000 miles has eagle rsa 265/60-17 35 psi, rides rough as hell, every crack or pebble on the road shakes your teeth. Swear there is like 100 psi in the tires, it sits high IMO for ppv. Maybe police dept added HD or replaced the springs, no history avail.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I have 2015 PPV Tahoe with 120,000 miles has eagle rsa 265/60-17 35 psi, rides rough as hell, every crack or pebble on the road shakes your teeth. Swear there is like 100 psi in the tires, it sits high IMO for ppv. Maybe police dept added HD or replaced the springs, no history avail.

Brad
In your case I believe the tires are causing the rought ride. Those eagle tires are police rated tires. They are made to run thru curbs at 35 mph and not bust. I would change them out and report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew